VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sooo things have changed over the past year and i thought id put together a quick picture timeline...

Back when it was black (-2009) :)

Then it got rear ended.. :(

So I made an 'ice cream paint job' thread about how i painted it flat khaki primer :rolleyes:

It was alright... :sly:

And the packers won the super bowl! :D

Then there was a local show, and some crazy canadians showed up! :cool:

They said I should come to waterfest because it was unreal.
"Okay" i thought... but i need to step my game up. :(
My car was
  • Primer
  • Automatic
  • Not low enough

Sooo... I went to work :wave:

I drove to Cincinnati to meet some cool dude named Corey to pick up a transmission since mine sucked.. :)

And EBC sent an awesome care package cause my brakes suckeddd.. :heart:

And waterfest was coming up, so my buddy matt and I made a mad dash to finish thursday night, test drove it until we found 6th gear and got some sleep to head to jersey the next morning. :eek:

After waterfest I knew I had to paint my car finally so i came home, and matt the painting guro went to town! :cool:

thanks matt! ..i still owe you :beer::beer::beer:

flat is in. behold: Vintage Burgundy Pearl by Hot Rod Flatz

I got a little nutty with the headlights..

Somewhere along the line I picked up an air ride system but i have yet to re run the wiring and plumbing in a clean fashion. I also moved to Detroit and havent really had much free time since the move, but hope to get home to pick it up in the up coming weekends.

Here's some pictures taken by a friend from school of it currently, and a new mk2 friend :thumbup:

Rubstrips, Air, something with the roof rack all to come, and a new axle and tying up loose ends..

cheers! :beer:

·
Registered
7,519 Posts
Haha I thoroughly enjoyed this thread :thumbup:

And I remember you posting your car when the Packers one :D

·
Registered
307 Posts
awesome progress dude! love it hope to see more :):thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
438 Posts
Pretty much like every stage of your car. Good stuff

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Car looks great. I actually had a pic of your car in it's khaki stage as a desktop background.:thumbup:

On a sidenote, welcome to Michigan. I saw your car in a spotted thread on our local forum here. mive.org
check it out when you get a chance. Theres a pretty big g2g coming up in October on Belle Isle.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the replies fellas! ..a round on me
:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:
i hope to hang out on here more often too again, at least for the comedy

and for the local guys ill have to check it out, if any detroit area people want to shoot me a pm feel free, we were looking for people to meet up with for a week now but until then i guess we'll stay rogue.

:wave:

·
Registered
692 Posts
thats my mark 2! =D local people in detroit feel free to pm me too, could use come more vw contacts around here.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Paint came out awesome. The work you put in it is deff shown in the pics. Good progress.

·
Registered
802 Posts
flat looks sick

1 - 20 of 50 Posts