VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I have a '95 Jetta GLS with premium sound. I just got the OEM clarion built cd changer off a fellow vortexer. How and WHERE do I install the changer? I think it goes in the trunk, but where, and specifically to what do I screw it to? Also, can I mount it under the seat? is there room?
thanks!

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Re: How/where do Install OEM cd changer on my '95 VW Jetta w/ Premium sound system? (ligament)

the factory location was on the left hand side of the trunk mounted vertically. there should be a pre-wired plug somewhere in the trunk for you to hook it up to.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: How/where do Install OEM cd changer on my '95 VW Jetta w/ Premium sound system? (kwalton)

So it was mounted on the driver side in the trunk? I was told to run the changer cables from the head unit down the running boards on the Passenger side, is this correct? It seems I have enough slack that I could mount the changer on the driver side still...I'm confused.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.