VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanna slam some lowering springs onto my Jetta 1... I recently completely rebuilt the front end suspension and axles and everything...
If I just replace the springs, is it gonna play games with my new strut inserts, or will they just adjust to the new rideheight, so on and so forth... I've never put springs on a car that I worried about it for all that long before!
Help to clear my confusion appreciated!
Thanks,
Jim

· Registered
1,791 Posts
Re: How will my TurboGas's handle springs??? (Jimmie J.)

Your car has around 4 inches of total travel in the front.1.5 is used just at rest leaving you 2.5 inches of total travel (less before you hit the bumpstops)
If you lower it 1.5 inches,it will be on the bumpstops at rest.How much do you think you can slam it?
Dick Shine

· Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: How will my TurboGas's handle springs??? (SRSVW)

Not slammin the car... slammin the parts together... my fault for being confusing... its just a term I use...
Anyway... I've never mixed lowering springs and stock style inserts before and was wondering if it even made any difference to the insert whether or not the spring was shorter.
About the bump stops... I can trim those down can't I? Is it worth it to try that??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.