· Registered
8,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HU: Alpine CDA9835
Front Speakers: Boston Acoustics SX65
Rear Speakers: Boston Acoustics SX65
Subwoofer: JL Audio 12w0
AMP: Alpine MRV-F450
I had this stuff installed at Myer Emco, and they "tuned" it for me. Since then, my friends have been messign with the stereo and now the sound is pretty much garbage. I have tried reading forums and manuals on how to correctly set up this system, but still have very little understanding in all of this.
I'm on alpine site, using their I-personalize tool to finetune the system, but i'm afraid im doing it wrong. Maybe you guys would help me out.
*if it matters, i mostly listen to techno/trance with occasional rap. So bass is not really important to me, i would rather have a clear sound even at very high volume.
Thanks. I beg you.

· Registered
1,338 Posts
Re: (RUSSIAN)

First of all, I have the same HU as you have.
I'd measure the distance from each speaker to the drivers seat and input that in to get your time alignment setup.
Then I'd check what the specs are on your components are so you can set the crossover points accordingly.
Set up your sub crossover point so that it doesn't play any higher frequency tones.
Maybe start there, and once you get a good sound that you're happy with keep the settings on a CD-R so that you can reinput it when your friends screw with it.

· Registered
1,338 Posts
Re: (mtltdi)

I forgot to mention this, but if you can get ahold of an oscilloscope and a digital multimeter that would be a good idea. You can ensure that you set the gain on your amp so that you don't have a distorted signal going to the speakers and sub.

· Registered
8,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i figured that much, but in all the manuals i cannot understand how to set up Hz, dB and dB/Oct. and i just dont get how it all works.
can someone maybe look up the manuals on JL and Boston sites and tweak it for me? $10.

· Registered
1,695 Posts
Why not take it to bask to the shop?
The easiest and most accurate way to set it up right at this point is to take it back to the audio shop. They'll set it up and dial everything in.
Everything is installed, so they are only going to be adjusting...
Just ask pay attention and ask questions about anything they do to help you better understand it.

· Registered
8,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (Ryan Sickles)

Quote, originally posted by Ryan Sickles »
Why not take it to bask to the shop?
The easiest and most accurate way to set it up right at this point is to take it back to the audio shop. They'll set it up and dial everything in.
Everything is installed, so they are only going to be adjusting...
Just ask pay attention and ask questions about anything they do to help you better understand it.

well, the shop is a bit far from me... and since i work the same hours they do, i practically never get a chance to go there without having to take off from work.

just though i can get it done with some help from people online.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.