VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guy's i started my second turbo project, using G60 bottom end, x-flow head,
K26 turbo tial external wastegate etc, what type of boost is considered safe, i have the full SDS with coil pack so i can adjust Fuel/ignition, i was planning on 12psi street and 16-17psi track until i get my quaife, after i will run a T3/T4 hopefully 24 psi . will 450cc be enough for 17psi? with a 3bar fpr? That will be going in a Jetta coupe http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
This year i hope to hit 13sec range

·
Registered
10,967 Posts
Re: Howmuch boost can a G60 bottom end take? (jetboy)

i dont remember for sure, but i think mrkrad melted a few pistons at 24lbs? but dont quote me on that. there's plenty of people here running 16-18lbs

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Re: Howmuch boost can a G60 bottom end take? (jetboy)

with 8:1 compression, 20psi is easily handled. If you plan on extended 7000rpm bursts, get some aftermarket rod bolts.
the 450cc injectors should be able to handle that as well. the hardest part can be getting it to idle. Overfueling can happen really fast with them as well.
Bad things can happen really fast with high boost. Start conservatively with your timing and fuel maps, then work your way up the boost ladder. If you take your time tuning and testing, you should be able to meet your boostage goals.

[Modified by jwatts, 9:21 AM 8-7-2002]

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Re: Howmuch boost can a G60 bottom end take? (Fast_bunny)

quote:[HR][/HR]People still need to remember that boost a a measurement of resistance. The resistance is mainly in the head. Lower the resistance and hold one.
[HR][/HR]​

yea boost is resistance, and with a flowed head/p&p you'll flow more cfm's at the same or even lower boost pressure.

[Modified by G60RRADO, 12:14 PM 8-7-2002]

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Howmuch boost can a G60 bottom end take? (Iceman666)

Thanks guy's for some piece of mind, that's what i had heard but you know how it is, just wanted to double check, With my other turbo motor with SDS i had no problem getting it too idle, it was 2.0 8v x-flow 201whp 225lbs/tqs.
Later

1 - 7 of 7 Posts