VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just been offered this metalic green rado for real cheap. haven't looked at it yet but seems very promising and so funny... literaly one day after I sold my first love my 85 Golf.(first car) this rado falls into my lap. Seems like a sign to me. gotta throw in pics of my beat up baby soon...still not bad rust for NH on an 85 you gotta admit. Hope to be talking to you carrado junkies soon.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Hows this price on 90 Corrrado? 1000/OBO "rebuilt supercharger" (Missingyou85Golf)

Going to check out the rado today. I'll keep you updated on the condition. From what I've read pretty much buy it at this price. I've read about the supercharger, sunroof, fog lights and fin..anything else I should look for tomorrow. any info would be apreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Hows this price on 90 Corrrado? 1000/OBO "rebuilt supercharger" (OdorCide)

Thanks I'll check on that...we have a local import shop in town who did a lot of owrk on my 85 Golf...always did a descent job but seriously overcharged..I think it may have been done there if not I'll look into it further

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Hows this price on 90 Corrrado? 1000/OBO "rebuilt supercharger" (OdorCide)

Yea it's called Importech in Conway NH....they really screwed me once on a timing belt fix but other than that have been knowledgable.Only import place in the valley.

·
Registered
13,007 Posts
Re: Hows this price on 90 Corrrado? 1000/OBO "rebuilt supercharger" (Missingyou85Golf)

If the shop that is selling it "rebuilt" the charger I'd be a little a worried.
Brian

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Checked it out today

Saw the rado today....Oh I'm soooooo excited....Has all the paperwork. Rebuilt charger...Sunroof even works...Has a couple rust bubbles starting near rear window gasket and gas tank but not bad at all....This will be mine! Clutch fealt good. Interior is nice. Looked like a fairly new exhaust. One question what does the Karmann mean under the stick shift? It might be on all but this is the first rado I've ever studied closely. I'm going to carfax it tonight see if any unforseen stuff has happened. Any other things I should look at next visit would greatly be appreciated. I did notice oily grime on the engin but hardly any compared to my old Golf. Is this a bad sign or normal buildup that can hust be cleaned off

·
17,317 Posts
Re: Checked it out today (Missingyou85Golf)

I got mine for a grand, and it's was hell for the first year and a half. Now it's a pretty nice stage IV.. just be prepared to spend some $$ on it, and by some I mean ALL of it... it was frustrating at first, but its wicked rewarding on the the other side, you coudlnt get me to part with it now. Good luck with it, if you pick it up.

·
Registered
13,007 Posts
Re: Checked Carfax (Missingyou85Golf)

Quote, originally posted by Missingyou85Golf »
Said it was built in Germany. are there any advantages to this.

Yeah, good old German construction
So did you find out who rebuilt the charger?
Brian

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Re: Checked Carfax (Missingyou85Golf)

Quote, originally posted by Missingyou85Golf »
Said it was built in Germany. are there any advantages to this.

All Corrados were built in Germany. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif Definitely make sure you find out who rebuilt the charger because that can make a real difference. If your local shop did it and it was their first time rebuilding a g-lader, then I'd be a little bit leary of the quality of the rebuild. I forget exactly what Karmann means but I believe it has something to do with it being built in Germany.

Modified by G60Madchen at 10:57 PM 5-19-2004

·
Registered
536 Posts
Re: Checked Carfax (G60Madchen)

Quote, originally posted by G60Madchen »

I forget exactly what Karmann means but I believe it has something to do with it being built in Germany.

Modified by G60Madchen at 10:57 PM 5-19-2004

Willhelm Karman GMbH is the coachworks company that built all Corrados in Osnabruck, Germany

·
Registered
1990 Corrado G60
3,159 Posts
Re: Checked Carfax (ButchHusky)

Quote, originally posted by ButchHusky »

Yeah, good old German construction
So did you find out who rebuilt the charger?
Brian

Very important question. If the charger needs replacement, it could easily cost more than what you'll initially pay for that car.
I follow this story with interest as my first car was a 1985 VW Golf. It was soon replaced with my 90 Corrado. I still own both.

·
Registered
11,714 Posts
Re: Checked Carfax (lnoriel)

For $1000 even if you end up with a blown charger, that's still worth it to have just for a parts car.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts