VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
Re: HP gain for 1.8t Cam and Cam gears (golf2001gti)

dollar for hp its probably not the thing to go with, unless you have like everything.
Also where is bremen ohio?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: HP gain for 1.8t Cam and Cam gears (igotaprestent4u)

about 35miles south of Columbus, I used to live in Heartville, ohio. Your from Clevland are you in OHIOVW

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

sweet My screen name is V8killer, I will be there also. Look for a silver Mk4 gti with An ABD racing sticker in the front window and 18in Konigs and racing seats that will be me.

·
Banned
12,870 Posts

Spend the money elsewhere. No one has a before and after. Boostin20V has Pipers. 16V racer had Schricks. RSMotorsports had Schricks and claimed he lost 5Hp on the dyno. Shaka was testing ECS's cams and stirred up interest, then they stopped talking. BillyT made all that power on stock cams.

Modified by VDUBNDizzy at 1:27 PM 7-1-2003

·
Registered
1,241 Posts

Sorry this is a little off topic. NE Ohio guys, some people on OhioVW are planning a GTG and cruise for the spring drags. Go to the Forums and look under the NE Ohio forums for up to the minute changes.

·
Registered
3,240 Posts

Does anyone know of a way to tweak the variable cam setup for more power? I have a couple of friends that are Audi techs that have mentioned doing this. Maybe I will press a little harder the next time it comes up in conversation.

·
Registered
24,078 Posts
Re: HP gain for 1.8t Cam and Cam gears (SlvrBllt)

Quote, originally posted by SlvrBllt »
Does anyone know of a way to tweak the variable cam setup for more power? I have a couple of friends that are Audi techs that have mentioned doing this. Maybe I will press a little harder the next time it comes up in conversation.

Its just a motor, hook up a power and ground with a swtich and you can switch it over if you really want. You could even make it rpm based using like an autolite shift light signal box.
as for cams not being tested,I did before and afters well over a year ago.
I lost a crap load of torque, and gained a godo 15hp hp in the top end. They ran like crap though with my current setup at part throttle. others that have used them work fine. They'll go abck in eventually.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts