VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My HPA GT6 cat back hangs too low. Got any recommendations on how to bend the rear hanger for a tighter fit?? I think its made of stainless. I was going to heat it up w/ a propane torch and take a couple of whacks with a hammer (off the car obviously). Whaddya think??

·
Registered
486 Posts
Re: HPA exhaust hanger (Dub Hed)

I would be interested in any answers as well. On my car the tips could be moved up over half an inch and still not touch the car. Basically if you pull the hanger out of the rubber mount and set it on top of it the tips are about right. I don't think heating and bending is the answer unless you can straighten out the original bend and bend it again lower. It would seem that the best solution would be to cut the hanger loose from the pipe and reweld it in the correct position. Not being a welder I don't know how hard this would be to do since the pipe is stainless.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: HPA exhaust hanger (blubuga)

Over a year ago Rockstar (I think) had a recommendation on bending the hanger and he said it would work. I tried it ([email protected]$$ed) and didn't have much luck bending the metal. I need to figure this out. I don't want to do the coat hanger either. This exaust is just too nice to hang that low...

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: HPA exhaust hanger (ddang)

Much appreciated! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
25,085 Posts
Re: HPA exhaust hanger (Dub Hed)

back when I had mine....get a buddy and losen all the bolts holding the two sections together -- have one person push the tips up as high as possible and the other tighten the bolts while the tip are being pushed up. If you dont do this ~90% of GT6 owners found that the tips were much lower....
though bending the rear hanger should work also.
stu

1 - 6 of 6 Posts