Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
17,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
howdy D :wave:
Hey Abe, how's that windy city winter treatin' you? ;)

Seems like a great price point. That's exactly the power I wanted for my R32. Any dynos showing the tq curve and a/f ratio?
We will have some numbers in 7-10 days...just finalizing the 2.0 FSI and TSI manifold numbers, and then its dyno time for (of all things) a RHD Mk4 R32 with the DTM kit on it...:)

I expect a few more localized (including Seattle) sales this week, which might give us a quick opportunity for a local Mk5 install as well...:thumbup:

·
Registered
17,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
17 Posts
HPA Turbo kit

D- do you have any pics of this kit on an MKV. Would love to see how it fits in the engine compartment?? Does it re-use the factory air box ? I also see this does not come with an intercooler, whats the reason behind thi,s could this be detrimental to our engines .....i could see getting away with it on a supercharger but not on a turbo kit.

·
Registered
17,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
D- do you have any pics of this kit on an MKV. Would love to see how it fits in the engine compartment?? Does it re-use the factory air box ? I also see this does not come with an intercooler, whats the reason behind this could this be detrimental to our engines .....i could see getting away with it on a supercharger but not on a turbo kit.
No pics on a Mk5 yet...only a matter of time...

We have discussed the intercooler a few times internally...the theory is that the FT-360 kit (back in the day) did not require one at a higher boost level, so this DTM kit should adapt without as well. A clear upgrade path with integrated manifold/intercooler is available to anyone who orders.

·
Registered
520 Posts
never really thought about going fi, but now that theres a kit that is getting more affordable.....

maybe once get bored with bags ill switch over, nice kit!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Banned
1,636 Posts
For practical reasons I would prefer to stick with a local tune ( beats sending the ECU). Can you give me a $ without tune and injectors ( UM is local to me and I think he already has a tune for 550 injectors).

·
Registered
17,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
For practical reasons I would prefer to stick with a local tune ( beats sending the ECU). Can you give me a $ without tune and injectors ( UM is local to me and I think he already has a tune for 550 injectors).
The kit is sold as a whole only, there is no discount for not utilizing the HPA software. You are certainly entitled to sell the injectors privately that we provide, if you choose to go with a different set.

Want to save a bit off the kit? Buy it from Linden VW, they are in your backyard...this way you don't have to pay me freight. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Really, at 7-8psi, there is no need for much else...

A few folks in warmer climates have elected to upgrade (for $3500) to the integrated intake manifold/intercooler and charge air cooling kit.

Just fluids, and about 10-12 hours to put the kit on...then overnight the ECU to us and you'll have it back in 48 hours. :beer:
Hi Darryl, how much more gain can be had with the addition of the intergrated intake manifold/intercooler and charge air cooling kit? In other words, without the head spacer kit, what's the safe HP # for this kit?

This kit is great news !

·
Registered
17,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi Darryl, how much more gain can be had with the addition of the intergrated intake manifold/intercooler and charge air cooling kit? In other words, without the head spacer kit, what's the safe HP # for this kit?

This kit is great news!
It is great news! I have not personally seen a dyno with the combination you mentioned. Keep in mind, this DTM concept is a real first for us. Apart from selling some of these components separately, we have never really had the opportunity to dyno these new combinations.

I would expect the number with the manifold to be above the 350 we will see with the DTM builds, but I am unsure.

With all the hardware on site in about a week (to complete our first Mk4 install), we can certainly piece a few different configurations together. :)

1 - 20 of 173 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.