VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
17,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Most Mk5 based 4-motion equipped cars use Haldex's second generation of AWD systems. The Gen 2 Sport controller takes into account the TPS signal more so than the OEM software and therefore can proactively begin applying power to the RWD clutch packs before wheel spin begins, and as power is increased, more power lock occurs in the RWD unit until full lock is achieved.

This product offers the following benefits:

• increases torque transmission at acceleration
  • provides consistent performance with increased over-steer
  • torque-transmission is influenced by how quickly you depress the accelerator
  • transmits torque before the engine delivers torque
  • at greater speeds, the torque will decrease enabling less over-steer and safer driving properties

Instead of the standard Blue Gen 2 controller, HPA Motorsports is proud to exclusively offer our "Stealth" Gen2 Sport Haldex controller. Identical in appearance to your stock controller, you can now enjoy all the benefits of this performance component without jeopardizing your powertrain warranty. The Stealth controller is undetectable by your dealership; both visually as well as through a scan of your Haldex all wheel drive system.

By default, the controller is designed to be in Sport mode which transforms the handling characteristics of your AWD car by increasing torque transfer to the rear axle and giving more rear wheel bias.

With the installation of a specially engineered wiring harness and switch, you can have instant access to all three of the programs built in to the controller; Stock, Sport, and Race.

As an enthusiastic driver you may not find yourself using Stock mode very often, but it will come in useful when loaning your car to an inexperienced driver, or when you are driving in slippery conditions and want to engage the conservative safety parameters set out by the factory.

Race mode will unleash further potential as it provides faster reaction time to vehicle inputs in the AWD communication system, and allows for even greater amounts of torque transfer to the rear axle.

Orders can be placed by PayPal through our website, or by calling HPA directly at 604.598.8520.

·
Registered
17,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What an amazing upgrade! I kept losing traction when in boost. Car would squat, the front would lift (I'm on air w/o e level sensors) and I'd just spin wheel. With this controller, that did not happen once this weekend at H2Oi. Amazing to feel the difference! Thanks HPA :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
I recently had a chance to put my car on the HPA dyno and we looked at the F / R split in race mode. It was much closer to a 50 / 50 split - almost a single line from about 4500 on up. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
I recently had a chance to put my car on the HPA dyno and we looked at the F / R split in race mode. It was much closer to a 50 / 50 split - almost a single line from about 4500 on up. :thumbup:
I would have assumed, the clutchpack fully locked with the same amount of pressure from the pump, torque split would be equal throughout the whole RPM range...that is unless the clutchpack cannot fully transfer the torque from the driveshaft in the engine's higher torque range (below 4500rpm), thus the torque split variations showing up.

Did it vary in different gears? I assume it would show the least amount of 50/50 distribution in 1st gear.

·
Registered
17,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I switch it up for kicks every so often.
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: race mode 100% since installing in '08. :heart:
Everybody has their own preference...:thumbup::thumbup:

Thank you to everyone that has taken advantage of the "Vortex Deal" so far! :beer:

More inventory is on the way soon...and I have a few Gen.2/4 left on the shelf if you are interested. They will go quick...

E-mail or IM me for pricing. :thumbup:

·
Registered
17,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
NEW LOWER PRICING!

Our HPA website has been updated to reflect new pricing ($100.00 lower) on our Gen. 2/4 Switchable Controllers, and our popular controller "Combos".

As part of our product mix, we are also now featuring, in addition to the Haldex cable/switch, the Haldex remote.

These remotes can be purchased separately, or as part of a Combo with the Gen.2 or Gen.4 controller.

IM or e-mail me for a quote including shipping to your destination. :beer:

1 - 20 of 113 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.