VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
The ad says $4999 for both, $2549 if purchased seperately. 2549 x 2 = 5098, but the graphic in the corner of that price listing says "save $600". Where did the other $501 in savings come from?

·
Registered
17,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The ad says $4999 for both, $2549 if purchased separately. 2549 x 2 = 5098, but the graphic in the corner of that price listing says "save $600". Where did the other $501 in savings come from?
Its hard to break this down in the ad itself...here you go.

For "single kits"

The front and the rear kit both sell normally for $2795.00, so the discount on the order of a front OR rear kit is $250.00 ($2549.00 + shipping sale price)

For the "front/rear combo"

The front and the rear kit sell normally together for $5590.00 (2795.00 x 2), so the discount on the order of a front/rear COMBO is $590.00 ($4999.00 + shipping sale price)...I rounded to 600.

Bottom line: Its a very good price for a product that is rarely discounted. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Ah, okay. Makes sense now. I thought $2795 was the before sale price. I wasn't questioning the valuation, just noticed the missing regular price. Owners of audi Q7's spend almost this much every 30k miles for just pads & discs (depending on how often they need replacement in this time period), but your price includes calipers, brackets, hardware and drums so although expensive, it's a good price.

·
Registered
17,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah, okay. Makes sense now. I thought $2795 was the before sale price. I wasn't questioning the valuation, just noticed the missing regular price. Owners of audi Q7's spend almost this much every 30k miles for just pads & discs (depending on how often they need replacement in this time period), but your price includes calipers, brackets, hardware and drums so although expensive, it's a good price.
:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
17,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So for whoever looks and pays attention to this thread and is seriously searching for a Big Brake System, needs to consider the fact that this BBK, both Front and Rear Systems, are the most killer brakes out on the market for our vehicles at this price point.

I've absolutely punished these brakes on the track with back to back 20 minute track sessions at Lime Rock Park and Thompson Motorsports Park here in Connecticut and they have been nothing short of amazing.

I've also put these brakes to the test on the road and they NEVER fail to impress! These brakes have even saved me from getting into a few accidents due to other stupid drivers on the road.

I urge anyone who is seriously interested in this Braking System to PM me and ask me as many questions as you'd like. And if anyone thinks I'm just throwing around kind words for a discount or what have you, go to my SLAB Mobile Build Thread and do some research. These Brakes are the REAL DEAL :thumbup:
:thumbup::thumbup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.