VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not noticed anyone with any of the HPA's stage 1 or 2 packages. I know I saw it in Motor Trend awhile ago. Is it in production yet? I know if purchase a R im def getting the twin turbo kit. Are a lot of you guys upgrading or planning on upgrading the performance?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: HPA packages? (clinton_s4_or_g60)

ya, i just remembered that after I posted. Wasnt it like 40k?

·
Registered
939 Posts
i would do the HPA in a heartbeat, but paying over 15k for a turbo kit is just insane. im not bitching at HPA or anything, they have a sick kit, and i beleive they have every right to charge that much for it, im just saying its a bit much for me.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Re: (JFlex)

Quote, originally posted by JFlex »
i would do the HPA in a heartbeat, but paying over 15k for a turbo kit is just insane. im not bitching at HPA or anything, they have a sick kit, and i beleive they have every right to charge that much for it, im just saying its a bit much for me.

I agree that it is a nice kit, however I must respectfully disagree that HPA has "every right" to charge what they r charging. I submit to you that one can get just as much "reliable" power at half the cost. HPA is a rip. I will bet my balls that within the next 2 yrs. there will be many kits avail producing that kind of power for far less. For me, I'll be having Schimmel Performance designing my turbo set-up. Poo Poo to you HPA.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Re: HPA packages? (psupork)

Patience, my young man. Patience. HPA's kit is for those who lack it.
Absolutely, beyond the shadow of any doubt, there will be BETTER hp kits in the future for LESS money. Maybe even from them!
Patience. . . .

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Re: HPA packages? (Flyboy26)

Quote, originally posted by Flyboy26 »
Absolutely, beyond the shadow of any doubt, there will be BETTER hp kits in the future for LESS money. Maybe even from them!
Patience. . . .

Yes it is for those who lack patience and apparently common sense.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Re: HPA packages? (Flyboy26)

Quote, originally posted by Flyboy26 »
Patience. . . .

Oh there's a lot of wankers on this forum now.
In the future, we will all be driving inflatable hovercraft at 2000mph. There will be no traffic lights, just stop and go signals ported directly into the sciatic nerve of your right leg to control your foot. The driver will be cocooned in fast setting fairy floss in the event of an accident. Every thing will be completely different, except for one thing.
You little ******* will still be whining, waiting and hating.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Re: HPA packages? (plastic)

Please do not speak negatively about HPA or the pricing of their kit, especially if you have nothing even close to compare it too for the R32. Judging by the numbers they produce, it is completely acceptable. Think about it, exotic supercar performance for a very resonable price.
You have to pay to play, and you are just upset because you can't afford it.
Where's the respect these days?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Hey Guys and Gals, I believe the 25k price discussed in the article included the suspension mods, exhaust, and everything else they did to the car. I seriously doubt they plan to charge 15k-25k for just a twin turbo kit?

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Re: HPA packages? (euro sport)

Quote, originally posted by euro sport »
Please do not speak negatively about HPA or the pricing of their kit, especially if you have nothing even close to compare it too for the R32. Judging by the numbers they produce, it is completely acceptable. Think about it, exotic supercar performance for a very resonable price.

Dude, you are
it's about 10K over priced. Go talk to a tuner who is familiar with the R32.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Re: HPA packages? (spooled-up)

Price is ridiculous period. You could buy another R32 for that $$. I don't care thou, I'm not dumb enough to buy that. Soon there will be other kits out there and will succesfully curb HPA's greed.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Re: (NorCalVW88)

Stage I 425Hp crank 0-60 4.2sec
435ft/lb
Notes: maintains stock clutch and exhaust system

Package cost: $18,500
Installation: $2,500
Stage I Component list:
1bar ( 14.5psi )

2 Hybrid K04 turbochargers with oversized exhaust housings.
Velocity tuned HGP Exhaust Manifolds
52mm Down pipes
Compression reducing head plate (8.0:1)
Hi-Flow HGP cast aluminum Intake Manifold
Dual Side mount intercoolers
Proprietary Hi-Flow formed Silicon and Stainless piping
Hi flow fuel injectors
Hi-Flow Mass Airflow sensor
Hi-Flow secondary fuel pump
Re-tuned factory ECU
Proprietary Electronic boost controller

Stage II 550Hp crank 0-60 3.2sec
580ft/lb
Our stage two incorporates all the components found in the Stage I with the following additions.

Package cost: $27,800
Installation: $3,500
Stage II Component list:
1.3bar ( 19psi )

Upgraded 70mm Down pipes
Twin Hi-Flow Race Grade Catalytic converters
3.5” (88mm) Exhaust system with Special bypass valve
Proprietary Race Grade connecting rod Bearings
Upgraded ECU program
Upgraded fuel pressure regulator
Choice of dual ceramic or Super sport clutch and flywheel assembly

Notes: HPA Strongly recommends the use of Stage I Brakes, Transmission and Suspension upgrades with this package
***All listed upgrades are listed without labor

Modified by ForcesOfCrisco at 9:27 AM 5-23-2004

·
Registered
174 Posts
Re: (NorCalVW88)

Demand an supply? lol, Yeah I heard these kits are selling like hot cakes. At this pace soon it will seem like every R32 will be sporting this kit.

·
Banned
198 Posts
Re: HPA packages? (euro sport)

Quote, originally posted by euro sport »

Shut up, your a moron! Oh, I'm not arrogant

Yes, anyone can charge what they want...
Yes, there is a thing called supply and demand...
Yes, yada yada yada...

Lets see how long that kit will stay at $35-40K! Supply and demand will tear it apart!

Oh, you can take a honda civic and make it a 10sec car, for a totally price of $20K! Oh, the pice includes the price of a used car! So, wtf does it mean when someone says you will be able to race the exotics after that kit??? Are they trying to say something there??? To me, it doesn't say sh*t or mean jack, other than the fact that they are trying to say that people must be dumb to think a $70K golf is a great buy, when you wanna race $120K+ cars, even when $20k cars can do it with ease....!!!!!?????
Hello...........?????????????

Modified by H2O2H at 2:57 PM 5-23-2004

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Re: (PLDUB)

Quote, originally posted by PLDUB »
Demand an supply? lol, Yeah I heard these kits are selling like hot cakes. At this pace soon it will seem like every R32 will be sporting this kit.

I want to know who and where. I have not seen anyone other than those affiliated with HPA with this kit.
HPA has some cool stuff. I am a bit miffed that I just realized that the guys in Germany (HGP) are doing all this for them (correct me if I am wrong) and HPA reaps the benefits, but oh well (I am not privy to their agreement). However, I just want to know who bought the kit and what their rationale was for spending $25K on it.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Because I have more money than anything else I can buy, so I just did it cause I like vw's and I have 5 other supercars in the garage. That is the only way I would do it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Damn guys...im reading this thread and just shaking my head.
Seems like their kit is rock solid and turns the r32 into an all out daily-driven animal. If you dont like, dont buy it. If you think its over-priced, than get in the lab and build your own.
Im still trying to scrap together the funds to buy an r32 or an s4 so im not looking to buy the kit...but if i had some rediculous funds i think it would be pretty freakin cool to have a grocery getter hatchback that keeps pace with mclarens.
Seriously guys lets talk about something much more important. I think i just got 40whp from a K&N and my mobil1 is like way better than your oil. (remove tongue from cheek)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts