VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i installed my hpa ss today and it was by far the easiest thing i have ever done on my car. the hardest thing was trying to get the stock shifter off of that mount. i had to tap it w/ a hammer and socket to knock it loose then me and my friend had to pull at the same time. if it weren't for that it probably would have taken 10 minutes for the whole install. i have no problems whatsoever with it, not even those loud 1-2 gear sounds. i love it and definitely agree w/ everyone else who has it and recommend it.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: hpa ss (20thGTiMarc)

also i think reverse might be the shortest gear lol but don't get me wrong they're all real short http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Re: hpa ss (20thGTiMarc)

awesome. I just got mine in the mail today. Gonna wait till my shift knob comes in to install it, did you readjust the linkage? Or change the tranny fluid? Just curious as to what you did since others have been having problems...and i don't want'm.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: hpa ss (b.schulz)

didn't do new fluid as of yet, and didn't adjust the linkage at all, you don't have to you just unhook them from the shifter

1 - 7 of 7 Posts