VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently ordered some cheap wheels with winter tires on them for the STI. They arrived today and were packaged with these plastic hub spacer/adapter things. Basically the wheels are made for a larger hub than the STI has and this ring is there to fill in the gap. I spoke with a salesman before ordering to make sure the wheels would fit and at no point in our 10 minute conversation did he mention that the hubs were the wrong size and would come with a cheap piece of chinese plastic to address the issue. I'm leery about basically replacing a steel part with plastic. Are these things a normal part of wheel mounting? Am I wrong to be worried about it? I worked at a tire shop for a couple of months and have never seen one before so I defaulted to not trusting it.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
They'll be fine. I've purchased not so cheap wheels and depending on the manufacturer they might have metal or plastic hub rings. Personally I preferred the plastic as they did not corrode to the wheels over time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts