VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Excuse my ignorance, but how do you achieve both? Looking at ECStuning's website, the spacers are just that...spacers. Can you put the rings on the spacers?

My wheels are 19x8.5 ET48 @66.6 bore. My plans were/are to get the rear at 41 and the fronts at or near 31. Ill be on coils and want a flush look. Ill either be on 235/35 or 245/35. Havent decided yet.

Who's product provides both hubcentric and the spacers that will allow me to get the flush look?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
H&R's spacers are hubcenteric in sizes over 8mm I believe.

And 42DraftDesigns has 5mm spacers that are hubcentric.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
H&R's spacers are hubcenteric in sizes over 8mm I believe.

And 42DraftDesigns has 5mm spacers that are hubcentric.
So I would just ensure the spacers I order are hubcentric to a 66.6 bore?

·
Registered
663 Posts
Remember, our hub bore is 57.1 on CC's.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Remember, our hub bore is 57.1 on CC's.
Right, but the wheels I bought are 66.6. So what product would mate that wheel bore to my car with the appropriate spacer mentioned in my first post?

Would I in fact install the hubcentric ring on the spacer? Or is there a spacer that fits the car (57.1) but has a hubcentric size of 66.6 for the aftermarket wheels?

Im sure Im making this more complicated than it really is:

Hub=57.1>spacer=7mm>hubcentric ring=66.6>wheel
Or
Hub=57.1>[email protected]>wheel

·
Registered
649 Posts
When you call ECS make sure you tell them that your wheels are not stock and You need 66.6 and they will ship u the right one that u need also don't forget to get the bolts as well the stock ones are too short after adding the spacer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When you call ECS make sure you tell them that your wheels are not stock and You need 66.6 and they will ship u the right one that u need also don't forget to get the bolts as well the stock ones are too short after adding the spacer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thats what I was looking for, thanks Toma.

Sent from my Note 2, disregard any grammatical errors.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Right, but the wheels I bought are 66.6. So what product would mate that wheel bore to my car with the appropriate spacer mentioned in my first post?

Would I in fact install the hubcentric ring on the spacer? Or is there a spacer that fits the car (57.1) but has a hubcentric size of 66.6 for the aftermarket wheels?

Im sure Im making this more complicated than it really is:

Hub=57.1>spacer=7mm>hubcentric ring=66.6>wheel
Or
Hub=57.1>[email protected]>wheel
Anything under 8mm is usually just a flat spacer, so you would still need your hubcentric rings, and hope there is enough of the stock hub for the wheel to catch on.

Thicker spacers will have an extension of the 57.1mm hub diameter built into to them. This will also allow you to use your existing hubrings.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So it's safe/ok to place the rings on the spacers?

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Anything under 8mm is usually just a flat spacer, so you would still need your hubcentric rings, and hope there is enough of the stock hub for the wheel to catch on.
I would not run these. I have in the past and you still get vibration. Spend money and get hubcentic spacers and enjoy a smooth ride.

Also because your wheels are a different centerbore, I would look into getting some custom spacers made with the correct centerbore for your wheels and your car.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The wheels are from VMR...not an uncommon wheel for this community. Are custom spacers commonly needed for these wheels?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts