VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 vw jetta 2.5l
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 jetta 2.5l, I have had the vacuum pump delete kit done 6 months ago, I keep up with maintenance and notice things quickly. And I currently having a oil leak coming from my passenger side. It starts from the back corner of my engine and leaks down. I have not replaced the valve cover or valve cover gasket. No codes runs fine just leaks oil when running. It starts from the top and leaks on the passenger side of the engine down on top of some of the pulleys. I have videos of me tracing the leak but just want to know if anyone has experienced a valve cover leak because I haven’t seen anyone that has YET. imgur.com

·
Registered
278 Posts
You can buy an OEM valve cover from Amazon which includes everything you need: valve cover, built-in PCV valve, gasket and bolts. Be sure to torque in correct pattern.
Also, don't be surprised if the center gasket has leaked oil onto the coils and the spark plugs. This is a good time to replace these as well.
There are several YouTube videos on how to do this. Opinions vary on which coils and plugs to buy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts