VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
and lucus for engines really does work. i used it in my gti when it workes back in 01 and i had very low compression , the lucus oil bumped up the compression a bit and helped it stay alive. i suggest everyone to use it and if your building a new motor i suggest you use lucus oil to build it, that **** works.
p.s. i stand behind it and even give it a money back garoontee!!

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Re: (digifant_2)

swop out that oil and put caltex delo 400 in.
You will not regret it.
Im not gonna go into details - google it.
This is not my opinion - it has been proven to be the best oil because of the additives in it . they use it primarily in diesel engines to clean out the soot associated with them. I've been using it for 10'000km in my hydro 8v now and no problems whatsoever - it actually stays golden for about 1500km - thats how clean my innerds of my engine are. i've actually stopped using oil. (car has done 296'000km)

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Re: (fourie_marius)

Oh, i forgot to mention that it has gone quite as a cat purring!!!
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Banned
412 Posts
Re: (LaneGTI8V)

Sorry I hate to be the last one to this party, but do you literally just throw the lifters in a small cup or can of 10w-30 overnight and no nothing else to them? I've never done that with any other engine build, OHC or OHV and I'm rather... impressed. It's a good idea to situate the lifters, I just never heard it before.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Re: (godoveryou)

yeah, you just soak them...submersed in oil...i "exercised" them while submersed (i don't know if that made any difference but some bubbles came out and that means air left and oil entered.
event bentley says to do it http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.