VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whoa!

anyone else drive in new westminster or surrey (patullo bridge/scott road area) tonight???
the rain was KILLER... it was like a flash flood... tron was slidin' around, even at low speeds (~45-50kmh in a 60kmh zone) & some parts of scott road had ~6" of water!

kind of dangerous weather to drive in... but as long as you keep a safe distance/speed - it's pretty
too.

anyone else have a recent mk2 hydro driving story?

·
Registered
8,730 Posts
Re: hydrotronning (green_dot)

Hey, about a week or 2 ago i was going on a Drive with some fellow VWers and we were headed to Krispy Kreme in Issaquah WA. We were headed down highway 18 during a pretty big storm and there was water all over the road and i hit a spot going about 60 while the speed limit was 65 and came within inches of killing myself by hitting a big cement barrier. coulda been deadly, i slowed down right after that, didnt wanna risk killing me, my passanger or my car

·
Banned
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: hydrotronning (VeeDubbinJetta91)

quote:[HR][/HR]Well im glad to know that your safe as well as i am, i for sure will make sure to slow down when conditions get like that, happy safe driving
[HR][/HR]​
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
too many people die needlessly around here (YVR/GVA) from not driving safely in poor conditions.

·
Registered
6,938 Posts

I almost hydro-locked my 16v by going through a puddle that didn't look so deep in a bad rain storm.
moral of the story: DON'T KEEP CRANKING IT IF IT GETS FLOODED WITH WATER.
i had it towed, pulled the plugs and shot the water out.

·
Banned
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: hydrotronning (lyledriver)

quote:[HR][/HR]I'm really glad the new coupe has a splash guard over the PS belt.
[HR][/HR]​

ooooh PS, aren't we movin' on up & gettin' fancy these days..

·
Registered
385 Posts

drive slow when it's raining.. trust me.

rain sucks http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif
oh well.. she'll be back running by the end of the month.. and better than before

·
Banned
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: hydrotronning (85GTIfweem)

quote:[HR][/HR]drive slow when it's raining.. trust me.

rain sucks http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif
[HR][/HR]​
Why do you think Tron's needed a new front end for over a year?

I'm very well aware of what happens when you slide into '99 honda crv's in the rain...

·
Registered
1,501 Posts

My front tires were outright bald a coupla months ago when it rained here in LA (it's pretty uncommon
-- I was shifting 1'-2' out of my lane whenever I hit a wet spot.... I could fully hydroplane at 30mph on surface streets

Two fresh Pirellis and it was alllll good.
Baby needs a new pair of shoes!
-s

·
Registered
905 Posts

Oh yes, been there, done that....
One of the things that kills me is that on the 99 south, by the Highway 10 overpass, sometimes some standing water gets on the road during heavy rain (which we get a fair bit of....but do people slow down when it is POURING out?? NO!!
Where the hell do they get their licences...Cracker Jack boxes??

·
Banned
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: hydrotronning (Aug)

quote:[HR][/HR]Oh yes, been there, done that....
One of the things that kills me is that on the 99 south, by the Highway 10 overpass, sometimes some standing water gets on the road during heavy rain (which we get a fair bit of....but do people slow down when it is POURING out?? NO!!
Where the hell do they get their licences...Cracker Jack boxes??[HR][/HR]​
hehehe - i got mine in a bag of chips.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts