VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Re: hyperflow vr6 intake mani? (SoulflyGTI)

Can be done for much cheaper DIY if yoy find someone that will weld aluminum for you, It's pretty much just a copy of the 2.9L Euro intake manifold. Some people say it will give you power(5-10hp), some say you need to do further modification to the runners to get any power out of it, I still don't know which are the BS artists.

·
Super Moderator
16,372 Posts
Re: hyperflow vr6 intake mani? (SoulflyGTI)

I haven't but I wonder how long before VWoA gets nasty with them about using their logos all over that site.

·
Registered
17,937 Posts
Re: hyperflow vr6 intake mani? (Mr King)

Just save $$$$ and buy a manifold out of the classifieds, then do it yourself. I am in the process of doing just that right now. Got the back cut off, now I just need to smooth it out, then go get it welded and I will be good to go.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Re: (SoulflyGTI)

No you get a piece of aluminum maybe 1/4 thick or so and weld that on, the piece you cut out will not be big enough to cover. The original manifold is on the right, once you're done modifying it, it should look like the one on the left.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Re: (SoulflyGTI)

Has anybody dynoed before/after with this modified manifold? I'm just wondering if it's worth doing. My dad knows a good aluminum welder http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 8 of 8 Posts