VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 148 Posts

· Registered
18,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
During the Car and Driver Lightning Lap at VIR, The Genesis 3.8 posted a lap of 3:14.8 and the Mini John Cooper Works posted a lap of 3:17.1.

The model Hyundai provided was the Track model with the upgraded suspension and Brembo brakes. But it had the 6 speed auto.

· Registered
2021 Tesla Model 3 SR+, 2017 Subaru Outback Limited
25,235 Posts
Doubtful that the Mini brand will care enough about Hyundai as a brand to accept the challenge. They have nothing to gain from it.
Yeah, but Mini is the one who started this s**t. Either they man up and accept the challenge or they are going to look like little biznatches.

· Registered
18,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here's the course layout:

Huh? I was expecting laps around the course itself. It looks like it's going to be similar to a World Rally Championship spectator stage.

If Mini accepts Hyundai's challenge, then maybe the Genesis 2.0T Track would be the weapon of choice.

· Registered
24,124 Posts
Not that MINIs are anywhere close to Porsches performance wise, but there are Porsche owners who own Minis as second cars. MINI is a boutique brand that is often shopped by rich bastards and as such they have nothing to gain by competing with Hyundai.
There are also plenty of people who aren't rich bastards that own Mini's. Hyundai has plenty of vehicles in the same price range as Mini, I don't see why people wouldn't cross-shop them.

· Registered
3,991 Posts
I don't see Mini accepting this. The whole point was to somehow beat a Porsche for bragging rights, If they beat a Hyundai or loose from a Hyundai the bragging rights are not there. The risk/benefit is not there.

· Registered
24,124 Posts
I don't see Mini accepting this. The whole point was to somehow beat a Porsche for bragging rights, If they beat a Hyundai or loose from a Hyundai the bragging rights are not there. The risk/benefit is not there.
No, but the same goes for Porsche in responding to Mini... and I think that's Hyundai's point in doing this. It's more of a... "Oh, Mini... you think you're funny... how does it feel when someone does it to you? Hmm?" :laugh:

· Registered
3,991 Posts
No, but the same goes for Porsche in responding to Mini... and I think that's Hyundai's point in doing this. It's more of a... "Oh, Mini... you think you're funny... how does it feel when someone does it to you? Hmm?" :laugh:
Of course, that's why I am not surprised that Porsche sho-shoed Mini like you do to an annoying little turd-fly. :p

1 - 20 of 148 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.