VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
7,990 Posts
They continue to impress in decision making. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Hyundai: not going to buy Jaguar (spidy)

Quote, originally posted by spidy »
They continue to impress in decision making. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

especially consider their boss is calling all the shots behind bars.

· Registered
7,990 Posts
Re: Hyundai: not going to buy Jaguar (bung_goo)

Quote, originally posted by bung_goo »
Is that sarcasm? I really have no clue

Why would it be? Why would any company that is doing so well and has so much going for it would buy a company like Jaguar that is loosing money?

· Registered
14,082 Posts

Why would it be? Why would any company that is doing so well and has so much going for it would buy a company like Jaguar that is loosing money?

Exactly. I don't see any real benefit to Hyundai in buying Jag just to have to pump millions into it.

· Registered
8,634 Posts
Re: Hyundai: not going to buy Jaguar (shftat6)

Their decision may, just may have been helped along by the fact that Ford isn't selling it...

Oh yeah, along the same line, I heard Honda isn't buying Ferrari!

http://www.gminsidenews.com/fo...35560

· Registered
8,243 Posts

I hate it when my money becomes loose...

· Registered
2,249 Posts
Re: Hyundai: not going to buy Jaguar (Burnin8r)

Jaguar has a great name which would make it perfect for an acquisition in the case of Hyundai . . . unfortunately it was being packaged along with the Jaguar plants - and any smart company will understand what baggage that really is.

· Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Hyundai: not going to buy Jaguar (DenCo)

Quote, originally posted by DenCo »
Their decision may, just may have been helped along by the fact that Ford isn't selling it...

Oh yeah, along the same line, I heard Honda isn't buying Ferrari!

http://www.gminsidenews.com/fo...35560

it's kind of hard to sell something when few are interested.

http://english.chosun.com/w21d....html
according to korean media, Ford made an informal offer to Hyundai to sell Jaguar+Land Rover in a bundle.

G

·
Re: Hyundai: not going to buy Jaguar (DenCo)

Quote, originally posted by DenCo »

You're wrong here. Had Hyundai made an attractive offer, Ford most certainly would've handed the keys over--and everything I'm hearing from the folks at Ford is that Hyundai most definitely had been invited in to kick Jaguar's tires and see if they'd be interested doing just that.
Apparently, a due diligence overview of Jaguar showed that the company is something more than Hyundai's willing to undertake fixing.

G

·
Re: Hyundai: not going to buy Jaguar (lonewolf)

Quote, originally posted by lonewolf »
I smell vapour-ware. Ford would be stupid to let Jag go.

Stupid? You're kidding, right?
Ford's never made a dime on Jaguar. They've only lost billions of dollars on the brand. And apparently, a due diligence review shows that isn't going to change.

· Get Off My Lawn!!!
25,202 Posts
Re: Hyundai: not going to buy Jaguar (Swallow Doretti)

Methinks Jaguar is becoming something of a hot potato among automakers. I look for it to get passed around in coming years, sorta like Rover. Future orphan marque, anyone?

· Registered
3,170 Posts
Re: Hyundai: not going to buy Jaguar (Swallow Doretti)

Quote, originally posted by Swallow Doretti »

Stupid? You're kidding, right?
Ford's never made a dime on Jaguar. They've only lost billions of dollars on the brand. And apparently, a due diligence review shows that isn't going to change.

Well that's Ford mis-management which screwed up Jag. And I would say the mistake started when they let Wolfgang Rieztle go. Bill Ford hasn't done didly squat since then for Jag. No cohesive plan at all.
So my point is it isn't Jag's fault that it is in such a situation. Ford caused it to be. And guess what, the so-far cash cow Volvo is going to be pretty soon in the same pit too. But by having a proper game plan, nursing and managing it Ford can turn Jag around. You don't need to be a genius to see that.
And also without Jag, what other universal upper league brand do they have? Volvo is just trying too hard without much success to get their. Lincoln ? Aston - hardly enough to justify it's 2 car lineup. Hence my comment it would be stupid of Ford to let Jag go. They just need to get a proper roadmap and plan going for it.

Modified by lonewolf at 8:21 AM 8-18-2006

G

·
Re: Hyundai: not going to buy Jaguar (lonewolf)

OK, I agree 100% with that, unless they finally develop a real strategy to restore the luster to Lincoln a la what GM's doing with Cadillac.
The problem is, I just don't see Ford as being capable of fixing Jaguar. They can't even seem to figure out how to fix Ford itself these days.
*sigh*

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.