VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
14,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m super excited to get it back. I have a lot of time in this car and a cross country road trip in it. It’s got a V8 in it. Can anyone guess what I bought?
Chris

·
Turtles walk slowly, but get angry fast!
2021 RS6 Avant, 2019 Audi eTron, 2010 A6 Avant, 2002 Chevy 2500, 1988 16v Scircco
10,159 Posts
Kia Borrego

·
Registered
29,222 Posts

·
Registered
6,989 Posts
I am sensing its somewhat vintage. Am I right?

·
Registered
14,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am sensing its somewhat vintage. Am I right?
It is.
Some of these replies are great.

yeah, I’d have to check myself into the loony bin if I bought my Benz (either one) back. The E550 stranded me in Indiana when the front diff exploded, and the S55 left me in Colorado.
The car I’m buying did have the alternator quit on me, but I was able to change it in the parking lot of an O’Reiley’s In Missouri.
Chris

·
Registered
982, F22, E88, etc.
5,841 Posts
Wasn't there a body on frame Ford sedan in there at some point? That's my next guess.

Lol. Aside from the obvious loading issues, another unfortunate part about that is 12' cuts of drywall are extremely difficult to maneuver through existing construction, they're really meant for stuff that's still open framing, but the context says 'owner finishing basement' and not 'builder constructing a new home'.

·
Premium Member
'02 Golf, '66 Vespa
8,311 Posts
I didn't know you got rid of most of these cars in the first place. (The e38? Why?!) Is it that Camaro, or is that still around?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts