VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
787 Posts
It is.
Some of these replies are great.

yeah, I’d have to check myself into the loony bin if I bought my Benz (either one) back. The E550 stranded me in Indiana when the front diff exploded, and the S55 left me in Colorado.
The car I’m buying did have the alternator quit on me, but I was able to change it in the parking lot of an O’Reiley’s In Missouri.
Chris
I was stranded in Indiana once and there truly are some good folks out there.

·
Registered
21,649 Posts
Wait, are you sure you didn't miscount the number of cylinders?

·
Registered
14,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I was stranded in Indiana once and there truly are some good folks out there.
Yes sir. My friends let me borrow their minivan for two weeks to get us home. So naturally, I filled it full of cases of Yeungling because we had the room! I’m originally from there.

·
Registered
14,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Wait, are you sure you didn't miscount the number of cylinders?

While it was a really cool car, I don’t think I’d do another unless it was a manual. That transmission sucks.
Chris

·
Registered
14,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
you're buying your old audi with the v8 swap?
I wish. I tried to chase it down a few years ago. Fascinating story, but bear with me as I attempt to recollect what happened.
It went to Cincinnati and then made it up to Maine or somewhere like that. They tore it down to swap to a lower mileage engine, and then the guys shop it was at had some illegal stuff go down, and it ended up getting parted and scrapped. Sad face.

·
Registered
7,566 Posts
Sorry I'm late to the thread, but upon reading the first post I immediately began chanting out loud, "Please be the Camaro, please be the Camaro, please be the Camaro...."

·
Registered
29,057 Posts
Awaiting the inevitable update to this thread: "So I was drivin gmy repossession back home and stopped for fuel and started talking to this guy about his LaForza........." :D

·
Registered
29,057 Posts
^^^^Shouldn't that pic be in the *Actual Size thread?

21 - 35 of 35 Posts