VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, business ownership has eaten a lot of my time, but in the ever-fleeting moments of free time, I’ve been buying and selling some Jeeps.

I got a killer lease on a’21 Sahara 4Xe that I ordered in yellow.
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Sky

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Wheel Tire Car

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Sky Cloud

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Cloud Sky

I lifted it and put some angrier tires on it, but the. I was offered a buyout that paid off my lease and put $7500 in my pocket, so I sold it and drove my 95 Suburban for a while.
Eventually, I got tired of that and got an offer for it I couldn’t turn down, so I sold it and bought a 2013 JGC SRT8 Alpine package.

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Media player Automotive design

Tire Automotive parking light Car Wheel Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

Wheel Tire Sky Car Vehicle

I put some tires on it and threw a big screen radio in it and drove it for a while. I was getting like 15 mpg and it was rocket, but the ride got old quick.
My local Stellantis dealer gave me a couple grand more for it than I had in it, so I traded it for a new Grand Cherokee L Limited.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate

I’ll add some pics in the next post.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My goodness this is an amazing vehicle! They’re comfortable, quiet, smooth and feel very, very high end, even without all the options of the Summit Reserve.
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Steering part Automotive design

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Land vehicle Car

However, back in Thanksgiving of last year, I ordered a Hydro Blue Rubicon 4Xe. I realized I just needed to stop buying lower trims levels and expecting them to do Rubicon things.

It arrived in March, and I figured I wouldn’t take it because they wouldn’t be able to give me enough for my Grand Cherokee. Honestly, I really liked it and didn’t want to get rid of it, but my dealer offered me all of the money once again, and so I swapped it out for this:
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Automotive parking light Sky Tire Automotive side marker light

Wheel Automotive parking light Car Tire Sky

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Sky Vehicle

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Automotive side marker light

Automotive parking light Wheel Automotive side marker light Tire Vehicle

I really love it more than I thought I would. With quite a bit more sidewall than the Sahara, it actually rides a lot nicer, but still isn’t on the same planet as the L.

I’ve put 1250 miles on it, and I still haven’t used half a tank of fuel in it. I’ve yet to put any fuel in it all.

I’ve been looking at recent lease deals on a Hellraisin Scat Pack, and that $440/mo. Deal is mighty tempting. So while I love it, I may still get rid of it for a car that’s been a dream car of mine for a long time.

So in a span of basically 4 months, those are my 4 Jeeps.
Anyone keep getting all the money for your trade and have that drive your purchase decisions or is it just me?

·
Registered
7,996 Posts
I cant believe theyre still calling the new GC a "WK2" considering its completely different inside and out and stretched. It looks substantially more different from a 2012 GC than a WK1 does from a 2012.

·
Registered
14,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I cant believe theyre still calling the new GC a "WK2" considering its completely different inside and out and stretched. It looks substantially more different from a 2012 GC than a WK1 does from a 2012.
I'm pretty sure it's a WL, my SRT8 was a WK2. I don't keep up with all the chassis designations though.

Chris

·
Registered
7,520 Posts
WK is 2011-2013
WK2 is 2014-present facelift
WL is the 2021 GC-L (and 2022 GC) redesign

Can't believe they still sell the 2022 WK2 along side the new WL models. I hate when companies do that. Reminds me of the Acadia Limited or Ram 1500 Classic- a.k.a. rental car specials.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I like that you've been able to make the market situation work for you. Our registration and sales tax is so high here that I can't see making a 10.5% profit over each transaction for that many transactions. I'm impressed.

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
I like that you've been able to make the market situation work for you. Our registration and sales tax is so high here that I can't see making a 10.5% profit over each transaction for that many transactions. I'm impressed.
That and insurance updates. Crispy must have his agent as a favorite contact. If they don’t hear from him once a month with a vehicle change, they send a car to his house to make sure he’s still alive!

·
Registered
35,969 Posts
Not bad. How many pairs of shoes do you have?

Reactions: Dirtmvr

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
This was me last summer lol. Markets not quite as flippable around here as it was.

Nice GCL. HEMI?

·
Registered
14,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The dealer seems more interested in buying cars back from you. Are you the dealer in this case??
I am now. Now I have to figure out how to wholesale all these cars that used to be mine.

Dang 😔
I didn't miss it. Yeah, it's not fast, but the 3.6 is adequate.

So, how many times have tou gone outside/to the garage and thought “oh yeah, I’m driving that one now”? :unsure:
Usually it's not a problem.

Hell, how many times have you gone into a parking lot and looked for the wrong vehicle?
It's not that bad.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts