VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I promised myself I wouldn't like it. In fact, I told myself I'd consider it a blemish on the product line.

...but I lied.

I got invited to the opening party for the Touareg and A8L, and went.
Played with a V6 and V8 Touareg , and those things are just...wow. I truly hate SUVs, but I'd actually buy one of these things. They're smaller than they look in the pictures, but still lots of interior room. Interior is first rate, of course, and the vehicle just looks great in person. The big 18s on the V8 are...big. Stereo sounds nice, seats are very comfortable, lots of nice luxo features. The dual-zone Climatronic as standard is cool.
EDIT: Contrary to what the articles in the Vortex features say, the instrument cluster DOES light up in our beloved violet and red!!
Also had a look at the A8L, which, while very very nice, isn't really my type of car. For some reason, I really liked the exterior door handles. Why, I don't know.
Anyway, the idea of getting a loaded V6 Touareg appeals to me, and then having an older Porsche for the 'fun' car instead of just having a semi-practical single car, like an STI or an R32. Of course, my dealership would love me if I bought an R32 and a Touareg

The party itself was cool, too. Lots and lots of catered food (I had like 192083 little roast beef sandwiches, a bunch of shrimp, desserts, and, look at that! open bar!). They held it in the new service building, for the room, and had a band, etc. Good fun, and the women....

Modified by grue at 1:14 PM 6-28-2003

Modified by grue at 2:46 PM 6-28-2003

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Re: I am a weak-willed sissy. (sonicGLI)

Quote, originally posted by sonicGLI »
Bastard.

what he said.... jerk.
the more ive read about this and the porsche SUV, the more good things ive heard... i cant wait to get a look at one.
to bad no v10 tdi though. for some reason im becoming more and more obsessed with diesel. i dont know if its because of work or what, but i am turning into a diesel freak

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Re: I am a weak-willed sissy. (sonicGLI)

I just got to check out a Touareg at my local dealer and immediately fell in love as well. It's definitely a perfect all-rounder
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: I am a weak-willed sissy. (brianpgriset)

Quote, originally posted by brianpgriset »

to bad no v10 tdi though. for some reason im becoming more and more obsessed with diesel. i dont know if its because of work or what, but i am turning into a diesel freak

We are getting the V10TDI, just not until next year. FORTUNATELY, that's when I'll be car shopping

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Re: I am a weak-willed sissy. (grue)

Quote, originally posted by grue »

We are getting the V10TDI, just not until next year. FORTUNATELY, that's when I'll be car shopping

aha, i thank you for the info. thanks!!!

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: I am a weak-willed sissy. (PeteS99)

Quote, originally posted by PeteS99 »
Hey grue,
Did you get to drive them?

Not yet, I think all the ones they had were already sold. I'm going to wait for them to get a demoer in stock so I don't feel like a you-know-what for putting miles on someone else's car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts