VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any thoughts, I have always coveted the GTI/GLI motor but have an MKIII and dont want to go to Digi system....so when the MKIV motors come out (seeing that I love all motor 4-bangers) it will be my dream to swap this motor into the 97 Jetta.
Any thoughts ???

· Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: I am looking to swap MKIV 2l 16V motor into MKIII when released (1fastmk3)

CORRECTION GUYS ! MY VERY BADD !!!
I meant MKV, not MKIV's.....I meant the new 150 HP 2.0 16V motors !!!
PLease comment on this, not MKIV's by all means !!!

· Registered
3,736 Posts

its not even out yet, how can you predict the design?
how doyou know it will even be worth it, the way VW is , dont be surprised if it sucks and is a tree hugging engine, why not abf swap, direct fit

· Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: I am looking to swap MKIV 2l 16V motor into MKIII when released (D Wiz)

Quote, originally posted by D Wiz »
its not even out yet, how can you predict the design?
how doyou know it will even be worth it, the way VW is , dont be surprised if it sucks and is a tree hugging engine, why not abf swap, direct fit

I wasnt predicting, you are right its not out but already built and tested in Germany, its the new MKV's for next year, I read in Car and Driver. also new turbo lineup as well, I beleive no more 20V heads.....

· Registered
3,736 Posts

Quote, originally posted by 1fastmk3 »

I wasnt predicting, you are right its not out but already built and tested in Germany, its the new MKV's for next year, I read in Car and Driver. also new turbo lineup as well, I beleive no more 20V heads.....
i totally agree, but the ABA, AEg etc are also designed and tested in germany, they aint that great,
all i care is if it fits my MK4 block and is boost friendly, if so ditchin the t3t4 for the T61, and i WILL do that, believe me
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.