VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday i was driving east on the us60 just past val vista, when suddenly my passat pulls very hard to the right... i think it had something to do with the weird pavement out there with the lines in it and what not, right where it happened the lines criss crossed, well anyways i didn't know what happened til like a second later it felt like i had a flat so i pulled over and get out and MY DRIVER's SIDE REAR WHEEL IS GONE. so i start looking all arround since i didn't see it come off and it is no where to be found. a few minutes later after looking arround a bit / calling my parents to see if they could help me get to work on time and what not. the police show up with lights flashing and supposedly a wheel, not sure if mine but they assume mine, hit a car on the west bound side of the highway, jumping a 3 foot barrier with a 2 foot fence ontop of it. and my wheel is supposedly somewhere on the other side between higley and val vista. so the cop goes and looks for the wheel and can't find it, so i wait and eventually he gets my ins. info and i get to work. now for the real questions why the heck did my wheel come off, all the other lug studs on the other wheels were tight, although they are new and probably should be tightened some more recently. and second major question where is my wheel and tire? i went searching with my dad today all over the free way and the sides of the freeway, like in the gravel stuffs, and it was no where to be found, so i assume someone driving by saw it and it now is a real big shiny paper weight. we did find tho another wheel w/ tire near where a wheel hit the ppl that supposedly my wheel/tire hit. so maybe the liability won't be there and we are thinking someone may have trid to steal my wheels while i was at work, although they are splines, anyways, tighten your lug studs / make sure they are there. hopefully something decent will come out of this but for now i am looking cool with 18's in the front and 15's in the back oh yeah!

· Registered
1,749 Posts
Re: i am really dumb... i think (passatvr6er)

That totally sucks man!!!! If all the other lugs were tight and you were the one who put the wheels on last - and you're sure you torqued them all....I'd say there was some foul play......Hope it all works out.

Modified by typhoon at 10:14 PM 7-18-2003

· Registered
670 Posts
Re: i am really dumb... i think (Mr. Ginster)

Quote, originally posted by Mr. Ginster »
In the words of some *******, "you picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel..."

for as bad a joke as this is, it's funny when you sing it to the tune (and it works). I'm sure there's a country song for every misfortune.

· Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: i am really dumb... i think (Vamped)

there was no damage at all to my car in fact, the only damage was done by the tow truck dropping it off at my house
he like scratched one of my remaining wheels and bent the rotor protector thing, but that will be alright, like when i stopped on the freeway my rotor was easily an inch off the ground http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif for koni's right now we think probably someone tried to steal my wheel while i was at work then couldn't or something of the sort but loosened the lugs enough to let them get free... but i really don't know for sure.. everything should be alright hopefully

· Banned
311 Posts

So did just the tire or the whole assy come off your car??
if it is the whole thing WOW that sucks dude.
but it wouild be cool to watch happen
i always wanted to see whatit would fell like to be driving my car and have one of my wheels pass me

sucks though

i got some wheels at the house you can have that are 4 lug. came off a older passat
just come and get them

· Registered
10,228 Posts
Re: i am really dumb... i think (eatadodge)

Lat last night on my way home driving down baseline and I saw the rear tire fly of a Honda Civic and hit another car. We all know why that tire fell off , the rice holding it on wasn't sticky enough.

· Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: i am really dumb... i think (rangermills)

the whole assembly came off but like the jerk i felt made it so i didn't even realize the wheel came off so i didn't get to see it
hehe but i am using my stockies in the rear right now its fun.. makes me feel super rice since the heavier bigger wheels are in front

· Registered
2 Posts
not nice to ban ppl... esp when they don't have static ips and can just come back real easy.
i feel bad for ya ryn, it'll b ok tho.
is this at least the one that was already a lil scratched? mayb will work out for best in long run ne ways... u'll get a new shinny one to replace the crappy one.
i think its funny that you guys (ie ranger... not every one mayb i guess) make fun of rice... and yet..... uh... yeah.

Modified by chevyguy2 at 9:12 PM 7-19-2003

· Banned
1,201 Posts
Re: (chevyguy2)

Quote, originally posted by chevyguy2 »
not nice to ban ppl... esp when they don't have static ips and can just come back real easy.
i feel bad for ya ryn, it'll b ok tho.
is this at least the one that was already a lil scratched? mayb will work out for best in long run ne ways... u'll get a new shinny one to replace the crappy one.
i think its funny that you guys (ie ranger... not every one mayb i guess) make fun of rice... and yet..... uh... yeah.

Modified by chevyguy2 at 9:12 PM 7-19-2003

hahaha what a loser i dont think he gets the hint

· Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: i am really dumb... i think (Mr. Ginster)

Quote, originally posted by Mr. Ginster »

the jerk was from the road changing, some reason east of the new rubberized surface ways my tires grab the grooves in the pavement and this time it radically pulled the car, and i was just trying to control the car during which time the wheel came off and i didn't realize what had happened til later but stuff happens

· Registered
4,901 Posts

WOW! that's a crazy story. i'm just glad that the car stayed in controll when the wheel came of and there was no accident. imagine if that were a front wheel
I think things would have been a litle worse.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.