VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I moved my car out of the way when I mowed my yard earlier to avoid rock chips...My lovely wife decided to make a run to the store for my daughters b-day in the morning. She smashed the front of my C going like 10 miles an hour.. I feel like throwing up...sick inside. The fender is smashed to ****, the front reiger is smashed to ****...I didn't want to look at the wheels. Man, I just feel light headed and sick...
I don't know how our insurance co. is going to handle this..anyone know? It needs at least a new fender, and front bumper...I am very worried about the rest of it. This is my favorite car of all time.........

·
Banned
3,550 Posts
Re: I am sick inside right now..my wife backed into mi C with the f-150... (700lbBench)

Wait for responses from the community before you file for divorce, I mean with the insurance. Bumper's a bit tough, but the fenders are easier to get than you think. as long as there is no frame damage, you have a minor parts swap issue. Then your worst fear is the cost of a respray on the extras. 10mph is usually just a cosmetic accident. How's the hood? That and the wheel are the real tellers.

·
Registered
12,715 Posts
Re: I am sick inside right now..my wife backed into mi C with the f-150... (jnyjetta)

damn swede, that does suck, but what can you do....i am sur eyou can round up parts for the car fairly easily...will the repairs be more than your deductible?? may not be worth going through insurance...

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: I am sick inside right now..my wife backed into mi C with the f-150... (Us2bA4dr)

Thanks, Eddie...yeah, just the bumper will be more than the deductible...then the fender, then the respray...and thats all that I can tell now....definitely an alignment...if it can be. Man this hurts.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I say this with due respect to your favorite car of all time. It's a car, get over it.
You'll be able to rebuild it, and you'll have some good ammo for a future "oopsie."
I agree with Eddie too, you're probably better off not involving your insurance with the whole ordeal.

Here's the comedy "get your wife something she can see out of" reply as well.

·
Registered
12,715 Posts
Re: (Highme McBallbag)

Quote, originally posted by Highme McBallbag »

You'll be able to rebuild it, and you'll have some good ammo for a future "oopsie."

exactly, **** happens....my fiance decided to come home w/o the front grills in my wagon a couple weeks back...they only pop out if you hit hard...in 3.5 years of owning the car, i have never had them pop out

i did not get mad, just sucked it up and told her **** happens..she was feeling real bad, to the point of tears and not wanting to drive the car anymore...
it is just a car, and we all know how attached we get, but you need to think of your wife's feelings also, i am sure she feels just as bad and knows how bad you feel, no need to make a bad situation worse...
i knwo a couple body guys, we can talk about it tomorrow http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

You could also pioneer the Golf/Jetta to Corrado front end swap. You get to decide what sounds better though, Gorrado or Jerrado.

With all due respect, you are very lucky that you are not here right now...bad timing man. Wait to give advice on how I should "get over it" until at least a day. Its not "just a "car". I think many of us feel that the blood, sweat, and time we have spent on our projects make them more than "just cars".

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (Us2bA4dr)

Quote, originally posted by Us2bA4dr »

exactly, **** happens....my fiance decided to come home w/o the front grills in my wagon a couple weeks back...they only pop out if you hit hard...in 3.5 years of owning the car, i have never had them pop out

i did not get mad, just sucked it up and told her **** happens..she was feeling real bad, to the point of tears and not wanting to drive the car anymore...
it is just a car, and we all know how attached we get, but you need to think of your wife's feelings also, i am sure she feels just as bad and knows how bad you feel, no need to make a bad situation worse...
i knwo a couple body guys, we can talk about it tomorrow http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

I know **** happens. Trust me, I sucked it up in front of her, but I think I couldn't hide it. Thanks for the offer on the body guys. Man, ,,,,,

·
Registered
15,057 Posts
Re: (700lbBench)

Sorry to hear Swede
and just ignore Highme, he never has anything positive to say.
I take it the truck bumper hit low enough that the hood and core support are in good shape still? (is it driveable?) Bring it by tomorrow and we'll take a look at it and see what you're in for. It does sound like a used bumper/fender and a partial respray would be better to just handle outside the insurance company.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Re: I am sick inside right now..my wife backed into mi C with the f-150... (700lbBench)

Swede,
Love your wife a little extra for the next few days because she knows how you feel about your car. I'm betting she's kind of torn up about what happened. Then when your emotions get back to simmer, just go fix that beautiful Corrado of yours...the way it needs to be done. Broken hearts are way harder to fix than dented fenders.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Re: (cramer)

I'm glad I could be here to allow you to get your ethug aggressions out on me instead of your wife. That would be a bad scene.

Quote, originally posted by cramer »
just ignore Highme, he never has anything positive to say.

Concidering Eddie pretty much reinforced my point, shouldn't you be chastising him as well? God forbid I don't place a piece of metal and plastic on a pedestal above my relationship with my wife.
ps - just a car

·
Banned
5,861 Posts
Re: (a2Coupe2a)

Quote, originally posted by a2Coupe2a »
you could always try to find a fender of matching color and just paint the bumper -

well since the car is Rave? green, dont really see that happenin
good luck swede, i love that Rado

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

I'm glad I could be here to allow you to get your ethug aggressions out on me instead of your wife. That would be a bad scene.

Concidering Eddie pretty much reinforced my point, shouldn't you be chastising him as well? God forbid I don't place a piece of metal and plastic on a pedestal above my relationship with my wife.
ps - just a car

First off, thanks guys.
Next, to Highme. The way you wrote your first post wasn't anything like Eddies. It was accusatory and not funny, even if you didn't mean to be. It just wasn't good timing or taste. If someone walked over to your house and said,'I can beat the hell out of your car, or beat the hell out of your wife". you would obviously choose your car. I wouldnt say'"geez dude , get over it, at least it wasn't your wife". Plus, I know Eddie. Also, I am far from an e-thug. I never mentioned caring about the car more than my wife. I am just very hurt about the car. I have an adjuster coming out today...yeah I know about the insurance..I might not even actually make the claim. I am just curious. They would prolly total it even tho it is worth mucj more than the bluebook price. I have located a fender and bumper (reiger rs) I have to look at it today and see what else is hurt...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.