VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Crutchfield has it for $249 but Etronics has it for $179! I bought one for my fiance's car and this is one impressive unit. The blue is a dead on match for the MKIV interior.
The sound is incredible and the dot matrix screen is one of the best I have ever seen. You can adjust the contrast too which is helpful if the unit sits at a wierd angle.
This Clarion also displays full scrolling 128 character length song titles and folder titles!
For the price and looks, this unit is a killer! I am going to buy another fo rmy car too

(ps, no i don't work for Clarion either)

·
Banned
960 Posts
Re: I am sold on this Clarion unit! (TigerII)

these pictures won't do it justice comparing to what it looks like in person ... i swear it matches very well even the button is not red..

Looks a bit silver here with the light reflection

The font is very readable, looks not so great here b/c the font is in motion as the picture was taken

There you go

I hope this help your decision making. I couldn't be happier with this unit! It's really awesome. A lot better then the Aiwa ma01 mp3 cd player i had b4 this. This unit is going for $184 at etronics.com and another place. I think that's a great price for it too.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: I am sold on this Clarion unit! (supertle)

How are you burning your MP3 CDs to display titles correctly? The only way I could do it was by using the Joliet encoding but it made every track into a folder!

are you using ISO format or what?

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: I am sold on this Clarion unit! (VWGuy7385)

I just bought it at Etronics.com for $179 and Hookedontronics.com has it for $188. Good site to keep in mind though!
quote:[HR][/HR]Got http://WWW.HOOKEDONTRONICS.COM and I bet you will find in there for cheaper.[HR][/HR]​

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Re: I am sold on this Clarion unit! (TigerII)

yeah, i looked around at the prices on the etronics and the hookedontronics one does seem to have more of a better price in most things.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts