VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need all the help I can get guys .I just moved home after living in T.O.for the past 14 years .I got an Mk11 8v Jetta that was brought from england. It needed a little work so i tough ,the car was parked for 4years.After driving it for two weeks I now have a blown head gasket ,I also have another 8v motor . The problem is there is no more Vdubs here ,so I do not want these clown's to touch this car soI need you guys to give me some tips and some simple mods.I need to keep this one alive

Modified by isandboy at 1:34 AM 5-22-2004

·
Registered
39,340 Posts
Re: I am stuck on an island with a dead 8v jetta (isandboy)

punctuation what?
what happened to the car?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: I am stuck on an island with a dead 8v jetta (VegasJetta)

Sorry,I am pretty shore it is the head gasket .Is leaking at the head and like i said ,these guys have never seen a jetta so i do not want any one of these guys to touch this car.To give a little history some dude shipped the car from the UK and it sat for the last 4years ,the body is in good shape. I manage to get my hands on a 87golf that was off the road, so i have the motor from that car so i need to change the blown motor

·
Registered
39,340 Posts
Re: I am stuck on an island with a dead 8v jetta (isandboy)

if the head gasket is leaking, just replace the gasket, no need to swap the whole motor...

·
Registered
6,547 Posts
Re: I am stuck on an island with a dead 8v jetta (VegasJetta)

On the plus side, 8V VW headgasket is a pretty straight forward operation. Do it yourself, anf follow the repair book closely. Check and double check, make sure you read it right.
If you are at all mechanically capable (ever changed your own brakes?) you should be able to get through it ok!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts