VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here are some before and after pics of my little suspension change. basically i came to meet a cool guy here on the forum. we decided he wanted to be higher and i wanted to be lower so i traded my neuspeed sports for his suspension techniques springs. if im correct his springs are 60-80mm i thinkkkkkkk and the neuspeeds are like 40-60. anyway...the idea worked and im lower and i like it alot better..here are before and afters
this thing is a tractor

heres my dirty/shiney engine...i did some serious part changing till i found the intank pump was dead

now the afters(wish i could take better pics then with this camera...oh well)

i know i have a color issue that will be taken care of in a bout a week..but let me know what you think (i got newly painted black teardrops with gray drops too)
and my friend there still has the rear springs..we ran out of time the day we swapped em

· Registered
6,142 Posts
Re: i beat down my front end a bit (glibobbo21)

are u sure the nuespeed are 60/40? maybe they are sport spring with 1/2inch drop? They look kinda of high in the before pic...and the after pic look like 60/40....
hard to tell from the pic tho

· Registered
6,142 Posts
Re: (brandon002)

Quote, originally posted by brandon002 »
There is no way that is a 60/40, I have a 60/40 and my front wheels tuck about 1/4 inch, the rears sit about level with the arches.

What size wheels are you running? I know for sure 80/60 will tuck...plus maybe his hasn't settle down yet.

· Registered
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (hotshotz16v)

ok we got some confusion here...im sorry guiys im dumb...i HAD neuspeeds they were never on THIS car...the fronts are the only ones ive changed so far and they WERE stock...the rears are stock till someone (coughjoe92glicough) gets up and swaps them so i can pick em up...but yeah all i have dropped is the front i just thought id show some new pics of the restoration progress...im 2 months away from getting my license back. and these are 19560r14 and i know i need spacers...wanna give me some or sell em cheap?

· Registered
25,010 Posts
Re: (Veedub4me)

The lowest Suspension Technique makes is 60/40, they dont not make any lower then that. I know i searched for a pair years back. That looks like a 40mm drop to me. I have Eibach 1/2 inch on my Golf and it looks just like that. That's far from a 80mm drop in the front

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.