VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i bought my first car, a 1984 Rabbit GTI. That thing makes so much noise(i love it). Well i just wanted to introduce myself and wanted to know if anyone could post some pics of some Rabbits tricked out Euro-style. Thats what i want to go for, when i get a job atleast.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: i bought a Rabbit GTI........ (buckolaci)

i have a questiom. How much will it cost and what whill be involved in changing the front end of my car from the square lights a to circles(like the cabriolets)? Thats the first im want to do and i just wanted to get an estimate on parts.

·
35,022 Posts
Re: i bought a Rabbit GTI........ (IamJacks______)

this is a question for me too.
i think the answer lies in 2 big areas: the mounting and the fenders.
you'll note they're different for the square headlights (blinkers wrap into the fenders) vs the squares.
~spoonie

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Re: i bought a Rabbit GTI........ (spoonie)

wellcome to the wonderful (yet frustrating) world of the mk1 vw

as far as the front end conversion...check out this old thread....
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=332631
it's a huge amount of work..and if you don't have a welder you can't do it by yourself....but it is well worth it!!! (you'll see be the pics)

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Re: i bought a Rabbit GTI........ (mk1gti girl)

I have a rad support and fenders that I am probably not going to use. My car is a bit bent up to go through the work but I got the parts with my '83. IM me if you are interested.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Re: i bought a Rabbit GTI........ (IamJacks______)

Welcome IamJacks! I've relatively new to this site too, and have found it to be very helpful. If you have questions, don't forget to try a search in the archives, then if you're still unsure, ask away! The people here are great!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts