VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
17,317 Posts
Re: I bought the ebay secondary 02 sensor cel delete (Elballoonrat)

Quote, originally posted by Elballoonrat »
it arrived today. its the one piece type. i'll install it and let everyone know how it goes.

So you went to eBay to order a long spark plug anti fouler you could have gotten for a buck at autozone?

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i bought the ebay one because the drill to drill out the anti-foulers was 18 dollars. the ebay spacer is only 12.
i didn't need the drill for anything else. and at the time the shop i normally have access to is closed down.
it was the cheaper option for me.
i'll put pics up as well.

·
17,317 Posts
Re: (Elballoonrat)

i bought the ebay one because the drill to drill out the anti-foulers was 18 dollars. the ebay spacer is only 12.
i didn't need the drill for anything else. and at the time the shop i normally have access to is closed down.
it was the cheaper option for me.
i'll put pics up as well.

Yeah makes sense then... sucks that there was such a premium on it though. Did you call your chiptumer first to make sure they didn't have an update to your file for the pipe? Revo tossed mine in for free on when I had their tune.

·
Banned
714 Posts
so..is it working??
also, did you clean or valve cover or paint it silver? in the first pic it just looks like you cleaned it but in the last on it looks painted

Modified by BONFIRE074 at 6:26 AM 7-2-2008

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
am I mistaken or did you put that after your cat...why would you put that on there if your still running a cat unless its for the future, in which case I'd ask why now?

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
its a gutted cat, completely emptied.
i haven't cleared the code yet. the light is still on. should it clear itself after a few start ups or should i unplug the battery?
my feelings on the gutted cat are mixed. i didn't notice an improvement in performance, then again i didn't drive the car for a week. so i might not have noticed because it may have only been a few horse.
it definetly didn't lose power according to my butt dyno. i would have liked to at least g-tech pro'd it before and after. o well
the valve cover is paint! ace hardware chrome fence paint. resists 600 degrees and is 12 bucks for a pint which is more than enough to paint a couple engines. im gonna see how it holds up to chemicals . if its good i'll remove the valve cover again and sand it smooth then paint it.

·
Registered
14,333 Posts

you knock outout the catilist , or cut the pipe, take it out then weld it back together?
I made a fake cat back in the day by removing the catalist and welding a pipe in the middle to make the diameter constant so as not to decrease flow rate

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no, i don't have the tools to do it. im looking for a steady job in detroit right now. once i do that then i can move all my tools up here.
its just gutted, used a steel pipe and hammer.
i saved all the internal stuff, i wonder if i can sell it for the platnum.

·
Registered
14,333 Posts

i saved all the internal stuff, i wonder if i can sell it for the platnum.

if crack heads can do it....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts