VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is from the cooling system. A hose blew off and sprayed coolant everywhere lol. I took this out and ordered it a replacement but it’s the wrong size. The dealer doesn’t have it nor any parts store. Does anyone know the name of this?
Motor vehicle Red Fire hydrant Gas Auto part

·
Registered
01 Golf, and Jetta, Both 2.0aeg 5 speed, also a 99 beetle about to be for sale
131 Posts
1j0-121-087l

1j0121087k

This looks like your part.

the one that is the wrong size is 1j0-121-087 "D"

Yours is only for the 2.8vr6 from what I can tell. The other one is much more common as it came on the 1.8t and the 2.0

·
Registered
2,653 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
autozone have them,
, there is a difference between the 2.0L and the 1.8 or other engine.. so.

or check / search for doorman Part # 902-914 and see who supplies them in your neck of the wood.

That is the wrong part. The one you posted is for the 1.8t And 2.0. OP has a vr6. See my post above.

correct part T-Piece - priced each , edited: more correct part 1j0121087k T-Piece - Priced Each

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
That is the wrong part. The one you posted is for the 1.8t And 2.0. OP has a vr6. See my post above.

correct part T-Piece - priced each

Not that I know what he have the one you listed is 2 way with a tap for the throttle body I think... OP one is a 3 way with throttle body tap... and that tap is what broke...... the differences between the two is the three way is for automatic transmission the 2 way you listed is for manual transmission... that extra thing is for the automatic transmission cooler. if I am not mistaken, it's been 4 years since mine broke. I think the VR6 have or the 1.8T that is different have a crack pipe configuration..... it's metal or something. Not 100% sure. only thing I can see from pic is that he have a 3 way (doorman part 902-914 ) with a throttle body tap on his pic. that is the doorman part. Not sure how you know he got a VR6 ?

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
The one for my AEG have extra sensor so it's consider a 4 way... and that is doorman 902-913 but it was that same throttle heater connection that broke few years ago. LOL aparently 6 years ago.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Not that I know what he have the one you listed is 2 way with a tap for the throttle body I think... OP one is a 3 way with throttle body tap... and that tap is what broke...... the differences between the two is the three way is for automatic transmission the 2 way you listed is for manual transmission... that extra thing is for the automatic transmission cooler. if I am not mistaken, it's been 4 years since mine broke. I think the VR6 have or the 1.8T that is different have a crack pipe configuration..... it's metal or something. Not 100% sure. only thing I can see from pic is that he have a 3 way (doorman part 902-914 ) with a throttle body tap on his pic. that is the doorman part. Not sure how you know he got a VR6 ?

You are correct. I did have the wrong part listed. I did find 1j0121087k , and this appears to finally be the correct part. I get why OP was having a fun time digging one up.

I looked at OPs profile and they mentioned the vr6 in another thread.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts