VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

· Registered
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe those FOCKERS!!!!

I can't believe someone would do this to my baby! The Ghetta! It's a 90 GLI that has an 8v Digi Gti motor swapped in - I took it from a total wreck to something totally decent but not awesome and I drive it work for the FIRST TIME and someone scratches the everlivin piss outta the windshield! I mean it was cracked and all but at least it was clear where it's not an annoying distraction every time you look out the windshield...the thing that really irks me is that I was parked next to a Red 92 Jetta GL that was in really nice shape and I was hoping I could strike up a conversation with that owner...and his/her car is fine. Untouched. The security cheif was all like "We had a car prowler (officer) over there during those hours and there was no action reported" Which is bull there are only 4 guys on the premises at all times and there's no way they were there the whole time - 4 hours between my lunch and when I got off.
Anyway my question is this: any way to fix these scratches? Like a glass buffer or something? Or should I just go with a new windshield? The scratches aren't deep enough to really feel them or get your fingernail stuck in them (you know what I mean) but you can sort of feel the roughness where they are. This is going to kill me if I don't replace it; it is SO annoying! Are windshields expensive for these cars?
Thanks!

· Registered
4,335 Posts
Re: I can't believe those FOCKERS!!!! (billzcat1)

holy sh*t.
1)Where do you work?
2)You sure you dont have any enemies at work?
I think its time for a new windshield.. forget buffing it, it already had the crack.
The prices vary depending on where you get the glass.. and whether or not you trust your local glass shop to seal it up properly.

· Registered
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: I can't believe those FOCKERS!!!! (estus)

quote:[HR][/HR]are those 3 up and down lines a reflection of some power lines?[HR][/HR]​
Yah those are the powerlines going to my house...the real issue is the scratches side-side that look bad in the pic and WAY worse in person.

· Registered
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: I can't believe those FOCKERS!!!! (lyledriver)

I work at a certain nationwide Wireless Phone provider that shall remain nameless so I don't have to listen to people bitch about the service on here. They are pretty careful on the security but I had to park in the back-up parking lot since the other was full...and the guards have to cross the street twice to get there so I know they don't spend a whole lot of time watching.
I've only been there for like 5 weeks and there's no way I have any enemies everyone I hang out with and talk to is cool and I generally don't piss anyone off except the people who call up with dumb questions
J/K

· Registered
2006 P+ A4 3.2 Avant, 2011 C'Dale Bad Boy, 2014 C'Dale Carbon Synapse, 2019 P+ Q5
34,875 Posts

http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif
you're going to need a new windshield you can't really buff down safety glass

· Registered
845 Posts

Kind off the subject, but...Whoever it was, find them, and then have your way with them, however that may be.
Some kids egged my car this weekend, and it's not a good looking car at all right now. But leaving my friend house, I followed who did it for about 20 minutes and when I find where they live, I'm making that infernal kid lick the egg off my car and then ask him if it's still hilareous that he did that .

· Registered
1,483 Posts

That sucks. Did you talk to an auto glass shop and see what they say? I know that for cracks they have a machine that sands the crack and injects a glue filler making it virtually disappear. I would imagine they could do something for the scratches. too. I dont know if there is any "over-the-counter" product that going to get something that bad out.

[Modified by jervwgti, 11:46 PM 2-13-2002]

· Registered
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: I can't believe those FOCKERS!!!! (Oreganoflow)

Hahahaha!~ thanks for the comic relief gotta love the dubbers

· Registered
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: I can't believe those FOCKERS!!!! (jervwgti)

actually I JUST got off work like 1 hour ago so I haven't been to a shop yet

· Registered
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: I can't believe those FOCKERS!!!! (MattTheFatCat)

I had an egging quite a while back...oddly enough I was driving a red dub at the time - a New Beetle like 4 weeks after they were released and EVERYONE was tryin to get one....I was drivin along and a white ford Taurus had a bunch of little fockers in it that threw like 8 eggs at me....they were oncoming traffic. If I could have seen anything through the windshield I would have tracked them down and kick the shizzit out of each one of them...instead the insurance paid for the paint job....the impact of the eggshells made egg-shaped crater marks all over the hood and bumpers....luckily most of the eggs hit the giant windshield...don't miss that thing at all it was my mom's and she traded it for a Passat GLX V6 and traded the Passat for a Jag S-type
I was tryin to get her to go for the A8

[Modified by billzcat1, 11:57 PM 2-13-2002]

· Registered
7,214 Posts

damn, Bellingham is just not the place to be if you have an A2. Mine got busted into, and your windshield gets F-ed up. that sucks. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

· Registered
26,635 Posts

a-HA! You're one of THEM...those evil Financial Services people! Given what *********** F.S. ept put me through earlier in the year, if this had happened 6 months ago it could have been me.

And 16v is right on the money, unfortunately. It's new windshield time.
http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif on vandals.

· Banned
4,742 Posts

Maybe the Jetta you were parked next to had the enemies? Find out who the owner of that car is and you just might get somewhere. Even if you're not into vigilante (sp?) justice just letting the culprit know you know is sometimes enough.

· Registered
4,886 Posts
Re: I can't believe those FOCKERS!!!! (1sweet16v)

maybe the culprit was thinking "how could anybody do that to a 16v!" just kidding...
I've heard the story of why it was swapped over but it still dosent seem right from any angle...

· Registered
1,819 Posts
Re: I can't believe those FOCKERS!!!! (JNXtheband)

well, considering the ghetta's engine was in terrible condition when we got it anyway... putting a running motor in it at all was actually a nice thing to do to the car.... the 16v engine needs a total rebuild... and once re-built... it's going into my GTI. The ghetta is just that... nothing on the car worked when Richard and I bought it, the trunk had a gallon of lighter fluid spilt in it, there were joints all over in the car and makeshift popcan pipes.... there was mold and mildew covering everything in the car... I spent $12 at a pressure-wash-your-car place... just cleaning the carpeting.... and it still wasn't completly clean. if anyone doesn't believe that this car was beat to the ground and was a week away from being sold the the junkyard... invite me over, i'll give you a ride in it...
The car is so fun now... I've really missed having an 8v car... So torquey... I seriously am falling in love with the ghetta. Even if it is an 8v. I intend to take the GLI badging off it when complete.... I'm just turning it into a GL, and upgrading the GTI... I can't help it if I like my montana green '92 golf gti better.... I really care about these car....
*puts on her black leather gloves to find the Fockers who hurt her ghetta!!!*

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.