VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Re: I cant belive this... (zoinks208)

What is your problem with this?
I didn't read anything offensive in the link.

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
Re: I cant belive this... (vdub07)

Some car guys are getting together and hanging out talking cars and you have a problem with this? Get a life buddy there are worse things in life.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: I cant belive this... (dubsix)

OH geez! Can't I joke around...
Come on weres your obseson for VW's?
Have you huged your Dub today?
Marsh
89 Jetta

[Modified by zoinks208, 4:17 PM 10-1-2001]

[Modified by zoinks208, 5:33 PM 10-1-2001]

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: I cant belive this... (VW Scully)

maybe i should drive by there an say to them look i peed my pants! lol

(inside joke... dont worry if you dont get it...)

·
Registered
1,598 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Come on weres your obseson for VW's?
[HR][/HR]​
Ok perhaps because you are obviously still in highschool and need this explained but obsession with all things VW doesn't mean going around trash talking and slagging others for their choice. It means loving everything VAG and making the Volks community the best around. Unless you haven't already figured it out VW owners aren't the same as others. We don't like punks shooting their mouths off and trash talking non VW stuff. We are here to talk about VeeDubs.
So if you want to hang with the F&F crowd be my guest but don't think that you'll get any respect from the Vortex members. You are pretty new here so I'll just call this one an honest misunderstanding.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: I cant belive this... (tobyc) :(

quote:[HR][/HR]Yeah we should form a gang and rumble with them.
[HR][/HR]​
Yea I would call it a miss understanding too, I'm just joking around, as you were by your quote. I guess if you knew me in person you would know that I'm not the kind of guy to go out and look for trouble.
I just thought this would be okay to post since every VW GTG I have gone to there has been joking around about Ricey Honda's.
Sorry for the trouble this was just a joke gone bad. (zoinks208 sighs)

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Re: I cant belive this... (tobyc) :( (zoinks208)

I'm just pissed that I wasted my time scouring that url for some sign of VW's getting dissed.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts

For some reason the post isn't on there. Why?
but from what I was reading on the other posts, nothing wrong with a little rice bashing. You know yourself that their saying some sarcastic German Saurkrout rips to. See look at it this way, every tuned VW out there or even one very well taken care of is unique looking. Every rice that is out there looks tha damn same. Same huge exhaust, same stupid decals, same everything. So their just asking for the fun be made out of them. But hey, if a bunch of guys that share the same interests in cars want to get together, then by all means, have fun. But making fun of a different car that isn't the kind that you personnaly drive is just the way it is. It's competetion. It's what makes us VW owners want to make ours faster, better looking, better quality, better everything. Ricers gives us the drive to do better. And when you car is better, why not rub it in a little, you worked hard for it.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: I cant belive this... (REDJETTAMK2)

Thanks Ron.
I Removed the original post, because I felt/was informed that it was not welcome on the Vortex. If you want to see it, it was posted on VWoT earlyer today, where I have yet to recive neg. feed back.
I guess I'm learning the vortex community isn't as layed back...
(thought it would be since thats how I feel about the dubbers I know on here)
Sorry once again to those of you who were offended by this.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts

Ok, I'll admit it (I just hope I don't get kicked off of vortex for this)
I do hang out with some of the people on j-body.org, they are a nice bunch of people.
They don't tend to over do their cars, (ie no rice) and have a nice attitude like people here on vortex.
if you do want to joke around in the future, i would suggest that you make it more apperent that a joke is your intent.
I have no problems bashing cars/people *if* there is a reason!
I drive a civic, make fun of the car because of it's sorry shape (rust bucket)
not just because it's a civic. (It's mostly stock, or what's left of it)

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Re: I cant belive this... (alman)

I have a reason why I bash ricers,
Beacuse look at most of the VW's around here, and you'll see that most of all their tuning and exterior mods are done by the owner themselves or with help from other Vdubbers. At least all the VW owners around here that I know of do.
Now mostly all the rice owners, someone else is doing it. Hell I used to work with one, and he didn't even do his own oil changes. How pathetic is that?
Myself I do my own mods to my car. If there is something wrong with the car that I can't seem to get right or understand, I'll ask questions first, try out any answers I get. And if still nothing then to the dealer it goes.
But for the most part, everything is done by me. And when a person who does their own things , who worked so hard to get where his VW is today
Earns the right to say whatever they want.
And if there is people with ricers that do their own work, Then great, my props to them. All the others that don't, they should learn things off the ones that do, and get their hands dirty.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Re: I cant belive this... (REDJETTAMK2)

wow i see people sling this word "rice" all over the place... geeez decals are now rice? what the hell? if he has in his car with the decals say how is that rice? a jackson racing sticker on a car that doesn't have super charger is rice...
i see people posting oh i went to importfest it was all rice... id say more than 1/2 of the running field had some type of boost and or Nos... they look at decals the look at the paint job they look at the huge exhuast and say "oh thats so rice" but yeah it's just a civic with a type r engine with a stage 3 kit running a 50 shot of nos...
like sure there are rice out vehicles out there but i dont think we should be labeling whole groups together like that......
i.e at importfest i over heard some comments on my friends subaru 2.5RS which is stickered up to the teeth... "oh its rice this oh it's rice that"... oh did you guys not see the huge garret T4 and intercooler with a time slip of low 13's high 12's?
just tired of people labeling car by just looking at the outside and not even paying attention to whats under the hood before they shoot off there mouth... this also goes for those who talk @[email protected]$ about cars that are not so great looking on the outside but have serious go under the hood...
end of rant...
targeted to those who label before they know...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts