VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to replace the temp sending unit on my 84 trooper, I got the sender out (bottom o9f intake manifold) but it apears the brass tip has broken off in the hole.
I removed the thermostat which is directly above it to try to drive it out from above, I can see a round cap that is about the exact diameter as the sender cap but it's a gray color, not brass and it isn't moving when I try to drive it out.
My question: Could the cap have turned gray? Does the sending unit usually sit in a cavity or does it usually act as a plug with the brass cap actually in contact with the circulating coolant.
My car is in pieces right now and need to know how to proceed, thanks for any help.

·
Registered
32,015 Posts
Re: I could use some quick help from a mechanic type (A3Infidel)

I'm no help but the guys here Outdoorwire know their zu's

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: I could use some quick help from a mechanic type (Silly_me)

Thanks Silly, that's the next place I went but they were taking too long to get me my registration password. In the meantime I called around and got my questions and my problems answered.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.