VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yes I know there are like 6 threads on this topic ans they all end in the same place, a dead end!
Your ability to do this retrofit depends on your car's BCM version! Please see this list here. If your car supports the CCS ie. ***-937-087-*** through ***-937-089-*** Then you are ready to do the installation.

Despite being told by numerous VW employees that adding the cruise control was not possible or that doing so would require $1,400+ in modules and wiring, they were all wrong thus proving VW employees do not know anything about their own product.

You will need three things to complete this retrofit:
1. Vag-Com cable
2. Wiper stalk with Cruise Control buttons
3. Cruise Control Harness

The harness essentially connects the switch (on the stalk) to the BCM (Central Control Module as some call it). I think it would also depend on which switch you purchased as I am not sure if the car can tell what version you have.

The connections are pretty simple.

All of the cruise control connections on the switch side are going to be made here on the 16 pin connector shown here. The 94 pin plug for the ECU is not labeled very well, 56 is black and 57 is red/grey, so you have a reference point.

As far as the connections go this only applies to the S.

16/2──┬──73B/45
16/4──┴──94/65 (J623) ECU
16/3─────73B/47
16/5─────73B/46
16/6─────73B/44

Anyone interested please feel free to PM me if you want info on the harness. I made my own harness but after doing some research it would appear that this harness may work too but I am not 100% on that.

Please use this http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...-Directional-removal&highlight=cruise+control--->>GUIDE

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Video won't open?

-Einsteinjs

Sent from my iPad

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Awesome! Great job!

-Einsteinjs

Sent from my iPad

·
Registered
1,229 Posts

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Nice flip flops Steven..... :laugh::thumbup:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes I know there are like 6 threads on this topic ans they all end in the same place, a dead end!
Your ability to do this retrofit depends on your car's BCM version! Please see this list here. If your car supports the CCS ie. ***-937-087-*** through ***-937-089-*** Then you are ready to do the installation.

Despite being told by numerous VW employees that adding the cruise control was not possible or that doing so would require $1,400+ in modules and wiring, they were all wrong thus proving VW employees do not know anything about their own product.

You will need three things to complete this retrofit:
1. Vag-Com cable
2. Wiper stalk with Cruise Control buttons
3. Cruise Control Harness

Anyone interested please feel free to PM me. I made my own harness but after doing some research it would appear that this harness may work too but I am not 100% on that.

I have a 937 086 module and my cruise works just fine.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Help nedeed installing CCS

Hello EXCELLENT WORK, I have a couple of questions:

in my case I have a jetta (Mexico Market) like yours but with sunroof. in fact I already install a MFSW and everything works great.

Now I want to install the CCS and like you I`ll gone build my own harness but I have doubts on the part of the connection, The 94 pin plug for the ECU, I really do not know where this connector is located.

Which number is the stalk part you used?

by the lines you used to refer to the connections seems to be a bridge or a fuse between pins 2 and 4 is this correct?

Ok, This is what I have in my car:

The pin 16/2 is already wired and I have no idea to where it ends, probably to 73b/45, don`t know
The version of my BCM is 5C0 937 087 A, which I think qualifies for this retrofit

I would appreciate your help, from everything I've read you're the best solved this retrofit

thanks in advance.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts