VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm wondering why there aren't specific details posted in these threads? It feels like you guys get the gist of it out there, but omit info like:

Part numbers?

What part is being used (cruise control stalk)?

Photos of what is being done?

What do the connectors look like?

Does anyone have this info? It would be extremely helpful for those of us who come after you!

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)
I'm wondering why there aren't specific details posted in these threads? It feels like you guys get the gist of it out there, but omit info like:

Part numbers?

What part is being used (cruise control stalk)?

Photos of what is being done?

What do the connectors look like?

Does anyone have this info? It would be extremely helpful for those of us who come after you!

Thanks in advance.
This is not a DIY thread this is a thread to provide information that it can be done. :)

Others have made a sort of DIY but I dont have time to right now.
Feel free to PM me for help or more info text me for a faster response 203-526-9562 :wave:

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is not a DIY thread this is a thread to provide information that it can be done. :)

Others have made a sort of DIY but I dont have time to right now.
Feel free to PM me for help or more info text me for a faster response 203-526-9562 :wave:
Got it, thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I did it too! Easy Cruise Control on 2011 Jetta S! For about $125..

Hello All,
I just finished putting cruise control into my sons 2011 Jetta S (2.0L, manual, US model, base, no sunroof). I thought my experience might help others.

First, I do have the -086 Body control module. I bought a -087 off ebay since many threads say that you need it but in my experience it the -086 is fine. I t had all the pin locations and software. If youreally want to have an 087 handy just in case..let me know I have one that works.

Second, In the long coding VWMaster31 spoke of "9A" being coded in bit 4 and a C2 in bit 18. Only the 18th bit (which coincides with a "cruise control" check box was needed in my install. Well that and the ECM (code to "G" i think)..

Third, Verebs1 and VWMaster31 both specified the same wiring connections. I used Verebs1's wiring harness. I have to say that Steve does a nice job making that harness. Looks OEM.

Fourth, I used the VAG COM locator map (found on vwvortex) and then emailed 4 local guys with the software. All four answered quickly and offered to help. Gotta love this VW community!

Fifth, I used a stalk off a bug and the steering wheel removal tutorial (on this site and referenced elsewhere in CC/jetta s discussions).

I only had one issue and that was a piece of debris in one of the plugs that kept a wire from seating. I placed that wire late at night and didnt pay attention. it took me several hours to trouble shoot.. I stress that that was due to my own ignorance. Most difficult part of this was counting and locating the pins. Reading glasses and a forehead mounted LED light might have looked stupid but made the job very easy.

Removing the trouble shooting (my error) and then counting the time to complete and it was only a couple of hours. In fact since i now have experience from troubleshooting...I could probably complete in 45 minutes with harness in hand.

Conclusion: It can be done. It is not expensive. Ask for help and allow extra time if inexperienced.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've read everything on this forum about CCS installation and it doesn't look like complicated at all. However, I get very nervous when comes to buying parts. If anyone can help me with part numbers for what everything is needed to install CCS, I will gladly appreciate it. My Jetta is 2012 S (base 8v) 5sp. Thanks

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I've read everything on this forum about CCS installation and it doesn't look like complicated at all. However, I get very nervous when comes to buying parts. If anyone can help me with part numbers for what everything is needed to install CCS, I will gladly appreciate it. My Jetta is 2012 S (base 8v) 5sp. Thanks
shoot me a pm with email or cell

·
Registered
502 Posts
Finally installed cruise on my base S without even going to the dealer !!
Here's a part list and mini DIY

Parts required:

1. Wire (preferably different colors)
2. Terminal for BCM and Stalk connectors part no. N 907 647 01 same as repair wire 000 979 009
3. ECU connector I couldn't find the VW terminal part number... VW wire: 000 979 030. OR Terminal no. 1534116-2 from here.(onlinecomponents.com)
4. Stalk with cruise control 5C5953513F
5. VCDS ($300) or visit to dealer, OR $50 option OBD Eleven smartphone app and dongle.

Make the harness and connect the wires as Verbs1 said

16/2──┬──73B/45
16/4──┴──94/65 (J623) ECU
16/3─────73B/47
16/5─────73B/46
16/6─────73B/44

Here's a picture that's helps identify ECU pin.
Wire colors are accurate to OEM. :what::what: (too much free time ? )

When coding you must enable Cruise in the 09 BCM and 01 ECU.
This is only for mk6 base S sedans in NAR market !!
In OBDEleven, make sure ignition is ON but engine is OFF, go to
1. ECM module 01 --> Coding II ---> Enter 11463 (car will reject if engine is running)
2. Central Electrics 09 --> Coding ---> Byte 17 ---> Enable Bit 7

·
Registered
1 Posts
Questions: T16/2, ECU connector, Board computer

Verebs1, gt2416 thank you for sharing with us your experience.

I have a 2011 Jetta S, and I am about to install a cruise control. I have already fitted stalks with CC an Board Computer buttons and a corresponding slip ring.
The tricky point for me is wiring. I would be thankful if you could help me with your advice
Questions:

1) I already have a T16/2 wire that does not go to 73B/45 and 94/65. Is it okay and you have the same wire?

2) gt2416 wrote that you ordered special connector for ECU 94/65. From my understanding N 907 647 01 fits to all of the plugs, would it be possible?

3) Do this wires activate a board (trip) computer? If no, would you recommend a wiring schema for a board (trip) computer activation?

4) I ordered N 907 647 01 connectors from ebay and need to wait for them around one month. Does anybody know a place to buy them in Canada?

I've downloaded some photos, just in case

T16/2

BCM

73B

ECU

·
Registered
502 Posts
1) That's not the plug we are talking about. The 16 plug is connected to the stalk. The shape of the plug is much bigger and resemble's the shape in my diagram. That's why you have a wire in pin 2...

2) NO! You must use the ecu pin I mentioned. The ECU connector seats the pin much deeper than regular connectors.

3)No, to activate the trip screen you have to activate MFD via VCDS or Carista mobile app. (no wiring needed)
To move through the screens you need to have either steering wheel buttons or a stalk with MFD buttons on it.

4)You should be able to purchase them from any local VW dealer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Second times a charm...

Well these Jetta S models are such a great car we bought a second one for our second graduate. We now have two Jettas in the family.
We decided to install cruise control on the new Jetta just like we did on the first.
Having done this before, wiring took 45 minutes and the programming took about 30 seconds.
The post by gt2416 is spot on. Verebs1 helped with the harness.
Less than an hour and it works perfect!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
any way to figure out specific BCM type before I buy a 2014 Jetta S? I want to make sure I can add CCS before buying

thanks!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Does not matter. All mk6 NAR Jetta's BCM supports cruise. :thumbup:
Mine was 086 (lowest version and rosstech says it doesnt support cruise) but clearly it does.
AND yes the dealer can program cruise but they might not we willing to/ might not know how. They can be real dicks, so you will have to go and ask them yourself. Any local VW shop with VCDS can do it, and they are more likely to be willing to.
( can't reply to your pm so thats y i answered here)

·
Registered
14 Posts
This thread is very helpful. I hope to be adding cruise control very soon. Does anyone know how to add the trip functions on the right hand side stalk to work as well? What other wiring would be needed?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes I am familiar to this thread. It has great information regarding the addition to steering wheel controls being added to the Jettas that done come with them. I understand that the steering wheel controls on the right side control the trip/milage/etc but so does the right stalk/trip. I was hoping to only add the much cheaper stalk and also add cruise control in addition to Trip controls.

I could go the steering wheel route, but that would cost a lot more money that I am trying to spend on christmas. I also really want the cruise controls for traveling. I also enabled the MFD already on Carista and got the low fuel alert and now have the miles to empty even though I did not know that would happen. I want to be able to scroll through all the options including the outside temperature.

If anyone has added the cruise/trip dual stalk for the Jetta, I would love to see how the trip functions are wired up so I can do it as well.

Thanks in advance.

41 - 60 of 70 Posts