VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
161 - 180 of 318 Posts

·
Goes in two directions
'14 RAV4Runner, '13 500 Abarth Pastabox, '20 Corolla Smurf Edition
3,733 Posts
I don't even have a basement. It would be full of water if I tried to make one.

I guess I'll just go out to my detached split level garage instead.

·
Registered
18,937 Posts
I am not sure why being in a basement is such a bad thing. I prefer mine. Its cooler. The TV is larger. The TV is framed in the bathroom door perfectly, so you can poo and still watch TV. The aforementioned bar is down there.

****. I love my basement.
I love my basement too, it has the TV, Tivo and Xbox that I do not have to share with wife or kids.

·
Turtles walk slowly, but get angry fast!
21 RS6 10 A6 Avant 04 Isuzu Ascender 02 Chevy 2500 88 16v Scirocco
11,515 Posts
I love my basement too, it has the TV, Tivo and Xbox that I do not have to share with wife or kids.
You, sir, are a man of taste and excellence

• Love
Reactions: PlatinumGLS

·
Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg
21,000 Posts
I am not sure why being in a basement is such a bad thing. I prefer mine. Its cooler. The TV is larger. The TV is framed in the bathroom door perfectly, so you can poo and still watch TV. The aforementioned bar is down there.

****. I love my basement.
I've drank and slept in this mans basement. Can confirm. I also love his basement.

I live in my Mom's basement.

·
Goes in two directions
3,733 Posts
I've drank and slept in this mans basement. Can confirm. I also love his basement.

I live in my Mom's basement.
I made drinks for many people in that man's basement, and those people are great people.

I do not live in my mom's basement, but I do wish I lived in somebody's basement now after that experience.

·
Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg
21,000 Posts
I made drinks for many people in that man's basement, and those people are great people.

I do not live in my mom's basement, but I do wish I lived in somebody's basement now after that experience.
I puked up Malort in that mans basement. Thankfully my aim was good.

Shudder. That was a flavor memory that I didn't want to relive.

So THAT’S why you can’t afford an M5!
Cat lovers and their truth bombs.

·
Goes in two directions
3,733 Posts
This thread is no longer about Touaregs.

And to think how many times I have already had Malort's in that man's basement. It was more than once so you'd think I would've known better the second and subsequent times.

·
Registered
16,922 Posts
Didn't know those existed. Kind of sketchy though it seems. Just a household appliance type cable running... somewhere to be plugged into an extension cord. Probably worth it though.
in Siberia, they put a barrel under the oil pan of a haul truck and light the contents of the barrel on fire to warm the oil.

·
Registered
'95 S6 Avant '04 Touareg v10
4,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #179 ·
Only if the engine is up to temp and you’re not blowing white smoke everywhere.

I believe in you though. Let’s livestream it.
Are you offering your vehicles up to be crushed?

For what it's worth, it hasn't been blowing white smoke at all except on startup. The smell is kind of sweet. Hard to explain, I have never had a diesel before. It hasn't asked for coolant at all though and the reservoir is full. I think we're in the clear.
Having to pay for my own house sucks. I want to live in somebody else's basement, too. :(
Hence splitting it 4 ways. Much cheaper, but much more drama.

161 - 180 of 318 Posts