VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that are interested here is my experience with VWOA. If you are just going to cause problems and get this thread locked please do not post.
I went in last week because my A/C in my car stopped working, I took it in and found out about a hole in the glove box that lead directly into the A/C fan, and that my tire pressure gauge had fallen in to the fan and destroyed it. at this point when my service person found out about this "outside interference" she called the service manager. he continues to tell me that it will not be covered because it was MY FAULT THAT THE GAUGE FELL THROUGH THE HOLE IN THE GLOVE BOX INTO THE A/C FAN!!! At this point he says that he will contact VW and consult with them. VW comes back with they will cover the part but not the labor. at this point I tell him get the part and I will contact VWOA myself
I contacted VWOA last Thursday to correct this, and they have been trying to get in touch with the service manager since then. they finally did while they were installing the part. they were not on the phone for more than 2 mins discussing this problem. and decided that they would cover the part but not the labor and closed the file
. which is exactly where I was a week ago. after they installed the part I was getting ready to pay when I get a call from VWOA saying basically what I already knew so I walked out to the car and looked it over and guess what I find A DENT ABOVE THE FRONT PASSENGER WHEEL!!!! at this point I am stunned at the pure incompetence that this dealer possesses. I go in and tell my service person about the dent and she does all of the following at the same time rolls her eyes at me, sighs, and drops her head in disbelief. I go to back into the service managers office and tell him about the dent and he does the same thing. I got them to fix the dent and I paid for the labor and was out of their with tires squealing (literally) this is the worst dealer experience I have even been apart of. and this is one dealer I gravely suggest you not buy your car from or service your car their. I give them 10 thumbs down http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

Modified by unitedgti at 6:36 PM 10-31-2006

·
Registered
349 Posts
Re: i finnaly understand the politics of VW: Part 2 (unitedgti)

Are you going to try and get the money you paid for labour back? Or do you just not want to deal with them?
EDIT: I mean are you going to try to get back what you paid for labour to try and fix the dent?

Modified by cloudstrife at 5:27 PM 10-31-2006

·
Registered
12,252 Posts

I see two clear issues here. The labor issue is one, the dent is another. The dent was an accident on their part, which appears to have been fixed.
I understand you are frustrated, but keep the issues separate and in perspective. You knew that VW's response to your AC issue was for you to pay for the labor and VWoA backed up the dealer in their determination so there's little to argue unfortunately.
The dent issue sucks but they fixed it, right?

·
Registered
12,252 Posts

Quote, originally posted by unitedgti »
I am going to try and get the money back and the dent should not have happened in the first place

I understand the dent should not have happened in the first place. That's why it's called a mistake.
Which was fixed.
Right?

·
Registered
11,345 Posts

Like I said before... its not that big of a deal.
Sure its sucks but you are 19 and able to drive a new GTI... things arent all that bad.
Besides there will be more things in life that will be worse and much more expensive than this.
BTW how much did the labor cost? Do you know how much the retail value of the part they offered to fix.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts

Like I said before. What they did for you was more than fair. You have to own up some responsibility for what happened.
So ok they dented your car, but they fixed it. I fail to see a problem there. By the way you left the dealership it really shows your maturity level.

·
Banned
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: i finnaly understand the politics of VW: Part 2 (waterpumper)

Quote, originally posted by unitedgti »
If you are just going to cause problems and get this thread locked please do not post.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts

You need to be able to take the good with the bad. It is part of participating in a public forum. My post would not get you little rant locked.

·
Registered
11,345 Posts

Quote, originally posted by waterpumper »
You need to be able to take the good with the bad.

Thanks... now I have the Facts of Life song in my head!

·
Registered
194 Posts

Like I said before. What they did for you was more than fair. You have to own up some responsibility for what happened.
So ok they dented your car, but they fixed it. I fail to see a problem there. By the way you left the dealership it really shows your maturity level.

Are you serious?!!? I mean really serious? Everyone in the damn free world puts pens, and tire pressure gauges in their glovebox. Let me guess though before you respond. My guess is youll say that you dont put anything in your glove box, and that its near spotless.

VW should cover every aspect of that under warranty. VW should have used an iota if intelligence when they designed a VENT to the AC blower, inside a glovebox!!!!!!!!
At least put a mesh screen in front of it if it is that important to keep there. So basically because of VW's design flaw, and him doing what 98% of other car owners do to their glovebox he has to pay the labor costs to get something in his car fixed, that is UNDER warranty?! Thats preposterous.
As for the cost of it. They wouldnt have had to spend the money on a NEW part if they would have designed the car correctly in the first place. When you purchase a car, they include a ZERO deductible bumper to bumper warranty, in the price of the car to cover manufacturers defects, which include design flaws that some bean couting pencil pusher didnt have any sort of real world analysis on.

Them agreeing to pay for the part, only shows that they are admitting liability for the defective, or poor design.
Not to mention the dent. Who cares if it got fixed. It shouldnt happen in the first place! So if you took your car into the dealership, and some lot attendant went for a joyride and bounces your car off a wall, and the dealership tells you. "Hey, dont worry buddy! We'll FIX it!
your going to be all chipper about it? I dont think so.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Or heres another scenario. The factory didnt tighten down the brackets on the air inlet tube going to the turbo and it comes off, and by some freak occurence a rock gets sucked up in there and damages your turbo.
The dealership tells you, yeah well cover the cost, but we wont cover the labor because you should accept some form of responsibility because you didnt double check that they were tightened.
So youd gladly pay the labor, and wouldnt complain at all?

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Re: i finnaly understand the politics of VW: Part 2 (Fa5tCoEvo)

It says in the manual that you are not supposed to place anything on that shelf other than the manual. The tire gauge wasn't just in the glove box it was next to the manual on the manual shelf. Hence the dealer should have told him sorry you should have read your owners manual.
This thread is hilarious.

·
Banned
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

It says in the manual that you are not supposed to place anything on that shelf other than the manual.

where you tell me what section and page becasue both the dealer and me read the manual and it does not say anywhere that you should not put anything on that shelf

·
Registered
11,345 Posts
Re: (Fa5tCoEvo)

Quote, originally posted by Fa5tCoEvo »
Or heres another scenario. The factory didnt tighten down the brackets on the air inlet tube going to the turbo and it comes off, and by some freak occurence a rock gets sucked up in there and damages your turbo.

Oh boy... Apples to Oranges.
I also agree that VW's offer was fair.
100% ideal? No
Fair? Yes
Not everything is black and white.

·
Registered
45,863 Posts
im sorry thats total bs on vw's part. i would get an attorney unfortunately it would cost more then the labor, their screwing u... every car ive ever owned and everyone i know puts a tire guage in their glove box. vw had a ****ting ass design in their and they should honor it by fixing. not to mention have a recall or some tsb so this doesnt happen to other people.
i just saw on the news scion tc's had a recall cause if the door was slammed hard enough then side airbag would go off. i doubt scion said dont slam your doors

Modified by absoluteczech at 3:03 PM 10-31-2006

·
Registered
11,345 Posts
Re: (absoluteczech)

Quote, originally posted by absoluteczech »

i just saw on the news scion tc's had a recall cause if the door was slammed hard enough then side airbag would go off. i doubt scion said dont slam your doors

Modified by absoluteczech at 3:03 PM 10-31-2006

Oh boy... another example that is another Apples to Oranges situation.

Modified by XM_Rocks at 5:20 PM 10-31-2006

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.