VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,
Can anybody recommend a good mechanic in NJ, I got a fault Code P0491: secondary air injection. I heard that it’s an annoying emission thing Volkswagen uses. Or can a clear the code right before inspection? Or have it deleted from the ecu?

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Clearing the code before inspection wont help you as that will reset all ECU readiness for which the inspection is looking for. The only way that might work is if the problem is intermitted.
  • Clear codes
  • Driver the car to set readiness
  • Hope that during that time the secondary air injection does not come up

There are plenty shops in NJ specializing in euro cars. One trick I use to find shops is to look at dealer maps for tuning companies. When I use to live in NJ I used Green Brook Auto Repair - Redline Speed Worx . They do quality work for less than a dealer, but not rock bottom prices either. Fair prices for the quality of work.

Unitronic Dealer Locator (getunitronic.com)
APR Dealers (goapr.com)
etc.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you! ill try that shop I’m not far.
I cleared the code, drove around for 10 days or so and the check engine light came back.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Mine (2012 with 112k miles) has the same code. I found when I cleared mine it did not come back on right away. I was able to get it to pass inspection so now I have 2 years to kick the can down the road! Let us know if you come up with the fix for yours. I tinkered with mine but nothing that approaches a diagnosis. I never could figure out which fuse is supposed to run the pump. If anyone knows fuse number/location please post. Mine does nothing so I was hoping it was just a blown fuse.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts