VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've been having trouble with my locking mechanism lately, which, with a new Pioneer headunit, and two new Sparco Torinos is a BAD THING. I get to my car today after school (I go to San Jose State University in NorCal), and I see this note on my Dash!!!!!!
Okay, here's what the note said:
"To: The Clumsy Jetta Owner
You have a nice car. However, it will be gone if you leave the doors unlocked again. By the way, my A2 VR6 will smoke whatever you have under the hood. The only reason I locked your doors is my love for Dubs. Keep on smokin' Hondas! -Simon"
Thank God for you great VW people! It's a family that is so extended, you've only met 1/1000th of your relatives!
If any of you now this guy named Simon from the San Jose, Cali area, tell him to contact me!!!
-Mike

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Re: **I got a note...INSIDE MY CAR** (ONEsickVDUB)

Wow, that's pretty crazy. I never see any nice mk2s around here. Heck, I rarely even see any stock 16Vs.
What does your car look like?
edit: wait, you have a mk4, never mind

[Modified by Tarmac, 1:00 PM 11-29-2001]

·
Registered
330 Posts

I'd tell that #%cker that he ever touches my car again, he may be fed through a tube for a while. I dont care if he was doing me a favor or not. My car isnt community property. If I leave it unlocked and it gets stolen then thats my own fault. (And dont litter on my dash board either)

·
Registered
1,023 Posts

Well you migt want to take his word for it and lock the doors. People do not hesitate to take what isn't theirs just because you were thinking that leaving your doors unlocked won't hurt. You are lucky this time.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Re: **I got a note...INSIDE MY CAR** (Schu16V)

I'm not trying to be tough. I just look out for myself when it comes to stuff like that cause I learned the hard way.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Re: **I got a note...INSIDE MY CAR** (Red Sled 138)

quote:[HR][/HR]I'm not trying to be tough. I just look out for myself when it comes to stuff like that cause I learned the hard way.[HR][/HR]​
so then u should have no problem taking the extra 2 seconds out of your day to lock your doors.
your lucky dood, round here that car would b gutted

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Re: **I got a note...INSIDE MY CAR** (panic)

I even walked back to my car twice today to mke sure my doors were locked. Each one separately though... don't know why I can't do things the easy way and checked them all at once. Guess it was just too early this morning.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Re: **I got a note...INSIDE MY CAR** (rabbitmania)

That's really nice of this Simon guy. Not to many people like that nowadays. Shows the love and unity of VW's and the owners! Awesome.

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
Re: **I got a note...INSIDE MY CAR** (REDJETTAMK2)

I've gotten notes left on/in my car. saying something like, you left your lights on...i turned them off for you. Has happened several times and the person usually leaves there name on the note.
if you lock your car all the time, how are people going to switch your lights off when you accidently leave them on?

·
Registered
6,550 Posts
Re: **I got a note...INSIDE MY CAR** (bpfoley)

reminds me of the movie "Angel Eyes" .... anyone whos seen it knows what Im talkin about

·
Registered
1,566 Posts

There is an A2 VR6 around here?
My GF goes to SJSU and has forgotten to lock her 16V a couple of times. No one ever messed with it. If I did that at my school, SFSU, there wouldn't be anything left.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Re: **I got a note...INSIDE MY CAR** (retrohasen)

I try to "break" into a dub every time I see them sitting there with their "parking" lights on. Turned off a couple, including twice on what became MY car a few months later!

·
Registered
4,979 Posts
Re: **I got a note...INSIDE MY CAR** (Red Sled 138)

quote:[HR][/HR]I'd tell that #%cker that he ever touches my car again, he may be fed through a tube for a while. I dont care if he was doing me a favor or not. My car isnt community property. If I leave it unlocked and it gets stolen then thats my own fault. (And dont litter on my dash board either)[HR][/HR]​
you sound a bit angry, if the same happened to me I'd be so thankfull the last thing i wan't is my stuff stolen

·
Registered
330 Posts
Re: **I got a note...INSIDE MY CAR** (Craig_Heitzman)

I live pretty far away from any cities and places where theres a lot of people so where I live, everybody knows everybodys business. So when break-ins happen nobody can be trusted. Seemes like as soon as you get something cool some one has to break it or steal it. A good friend of mine just had his Golf vandalized with a note left under the wiper so like I said when it comes to stuff like that I look out for myself. Though I understand the brother hood of dubbers, where I'm from, I trust no one that puts notes on my car. Once again I'm not a hard ass, I'm just looking out for me. Dont slam me for that.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts