VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,445 Posts
Re: i got my spacers, and the longer bolts... but now how do ... (Stickin'around)

im sure that wheel locks come in all shapes and sizes, you just need to buy new ones that are the length of the new bolts that you have with your spacers.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Re: i got my spacers, and the longer bolts... but now how do ... (UTdaneVW)

thats the bad thing about putting spacers on your car, they dont make anti-theft bolts long enough to accept them. you need a euro-loc. its a cap that goes over the head of your existing bolts, that has a key, and cannot be taken off cause it just spins. http://www.concept1.com carries them in their wheel section for about 40 benjis. thats what you need, check em out.

·
Registered
6,951 Posts
Re: i got my spacers, and the longer bolts... but now how do ... (MatchStick)

quote:[HR][/HR]yours won't stick out as much as mine, but you get the idea:
[HR][/HR]​
Are you going to leave it like that or what?

·
Registered
2,346 Posts

oh yea i remember you postin that before. how hard to get that stuff off? is it paint or anodizing? and did you get yours someplace else? i guess rpi doesnt carry them anymore

·
Banned
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

aww man... i feel bad for you... sweet ass wheels like that and you need that weiner schnitzel sticking out?
oh well.. i guess if you want to keep the wheels, you gotta do what you gotta do.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Re: i got my spacers, and the longer bolts... but now how do ... (Stickin'around)

Yeah, they come off easy too but they are ugly (not super noticeable, but noticeable nontheless)... As far as these parts go, I was told by RPI that they don't carry them anymore. concept 1 only had them in red and then there's this other place that has them. They come in all colors but they are perpetually out of stock. The red is annodized and I sanded it off. A better route would be to spray paint them I think. Anyway, Concept 1 should have them in stock.

·
Registered
8,437 Posts

fyi - even though they are aluminum, over time they start to corrode and can become difficult to remove... both of the "keys" for mine broke because of this. So then I had to take a very small chisel to them and break them off...

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
Re: i got my spacers, and the longer bolts... but now how do ... (Steev-1)

whatever you do, DONT buy Eurolocks from toadauto.com
just finished up a fruad claim with my credit card issuer.
toad billed my card the day I bought the locks and never bothered shipping them OR returning 4 phone calls and 5 emails.
wish I lived closer to them, I might pay them a nice visit and show them what happens when people swindle ol' Vito http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.