VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my vr 3 years ago. It was the first car i had bought so being a noob to buying a vehicle i wasnt too sure on what to look for. Took it for a test drive, loved it. Everything appeared to work nice n dandy.
About 6 months into buying it i began to wonder why i never threw a CEL with a open element filter. I always heard people throw a code running one. Thought maybe mine was different. haha. little while down the road i took apart my instrument panel to change the color of the gauges... found out why i never threw a code... no light bulb. Put a bulb in and there it was, nice n bright.
Theres more...
Every winter i noticed the brakes locked up really easy. Never thought too much indepth with it. Didnt kno much about ABS or anything for that matter. Anyone would notice the ABS wasnt working but when theres an issue the ABS light illuminates/ flashes. Come to find out a few weeks ago the ABS light bulb has be cut off where it was soldered to the little circuit board.....
Douche bag who sold the car new it had a CEL and ABS problem... easy fix, sell it to a kid and take out the bulbs.. haha

· Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: ([7one8]VDub)

Im more along the lines of laughing about it. CEL has been long fixed thanks to c2 and eff ABS. Been 3 years with out, might as well make a few more.

· Registered
5,848 Posts
Re: (StylinVR6)

Quote, originally posted by StylinVR6 »
Im more along the lines of laughing about it. CEL has been long fixed thanks to c2 and eff ABS. Been 3 years with out, might as well make a few more.

We don't need to laugh with you.

· Registered
3,246 Posts
Re: (InfamousHB)

ALWAYS check to see if the CEL light comes up when you put the car on ACC power with the key. Its the easiest way to see if whoever your buying from tinkered with the gauges or not.

· Registered
611 Posts
Re: (wilsfox)

this happened to me too, but it was only my check engine light...and i was only throwing codes for secondary air and O2 sensor. now that i dont run a secondary air, the light is off, or so i think. i havent replaced my bulb yet lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.