VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got sniped in the last 10 seconds! Man these would have been cool!
These were on e-bay the opel guys must love em.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
there are programs out there that snipe automatically, I've looked into it but they cost a few bucks. It was funny one day I got sniped for exactly 1 dollar more than what I bid on, I thought, how did he know to bid exactly 1$ more.... then I did some research

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Re: (VWJerm)

Actually if you bid 100 bucks and someone bids a gazillion, it'll still end up at 101 because at that dollar amount its 1 dollar increments.
Quote, originally posted by VWJerm »
there are programs out there that snipe automatically, I've looked into it but they cost a few bucks. It was funny one day I got sniped for exactly 1 dollar more than what I bid on, I thought, how did he know to bid exactly 1$ more.... then I did some research

·
Registered
20,311 Posts
Re: I got sniped! (59singlecab)

Quote, originally posted by 59singlecab »
I got sniped in the last 10 seconds! Man these would have been cool!
These were on e-bay the opel guys must love em.

They look like Campagnolo wheels. And, if they're for an Alfa or Fiat, they're probably 4x98.

·
Registered
7,051 Posts
Re: I got sniped! (Mk1Racer)

Somebody used a sniper to win one of my eBay auctions,I think it's called auctionsniper.com or something close to that.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts

I saw those and was thinking about bidding myself. Oh well I know how you feel I've been bid sniped twice in the past two weeks for stuff that I really wanted.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Re: I got sniped! (Bicycle019)

Nice wheels.
Sniping is the only way to go. Only time I seriously bid without sniping, I got shilled....

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
Re: I got sniped! (Mattdub)

or there are people like me
if i want somethign bad enough i will have 4 windows running... 1 to refresh and 3 ready to bid all with higher amounts... i've never lost an auction i've really wanted

·
Registered
7,784 Posts
Re: I got sniped! (vdubCorrado)

Quote, originally posted by vdubCorrado »
or there are people like me
if i want somethign bad enough i will have 4 windows running... 1 to refresh and 3 ready to bid all with higher amounts... i've never lost an auction i've really wanted

well you know some people here actually have to work, and leave their house for a couple of hours.
i've been a victim of auction sniper, that i don't even bid anymore.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Re: I got sniped! (vdubCorrado)

Only thing I snipe is items I have bid on. You can refresh over and over and watch the counter in the auction for the final minutes for unique hits to see if theres traffic. Then I know I am gonna be sniped and throw down a high bid to make their snipe worthless. The multi window thing is great. I refresh one to watch while I am ready for counter snipe in another.

·
Registered
7,051 Posts
Re: I got sniped! (Scirocco)

Quote, originally posted by Scirocco »
Only thing I snipe is items I have bid on. You can refresh over and over and watch the counter in the auction for the final minutes for unique hits to see if theres traffic. Then I know I am gonna be sniped and throw down a high bid to make their snipe worthless. The multi window thing is great. I refresh one to watch while I am ready for counter snipe in another.

You crafty b*stard.
There's so many people on eBay now that sometimes you gotta cheat...I mean,"get competitive".

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Re: I got sniped! (vr6swap)

The items I buy, we all know each other. MY intention is clear and to the end I am high bidder. But we still have the same few asses that show no interest until the final 30 seconds when their snipe software comes in. So I outsnipe the sniper. My intention to buy was there all along. I got tired of getting it in the end. Now "3 second Debbie" is the loser each time.
Car crowd is a lot bigger than a collectible crowd. Sniping is worse, and since theres more people, theres no loyalty or knowing the enemy. So in categories like that, snipe away.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Re: I got sniped! (Scirocco)

There's nothing wrong with bidding whatever you want to bid at any time before the auction is over. Would you show your poker hand before the betting is done?

·
Registered
1,472 Posts

Sorry you got sniped. I've also been sniped (many times).
As a result-- on anything I truly WANT--my initial bid is the maximum I'd be willing to PAY. At least THEN-- if I get sniped- the sniper is honestly paying MORE than what I consider it's worth.
Plus-- if he is using esnipe or another automatic bid service-- he's paying auction price PLUS a small fee in order to "get the deal" in the last microsecond...
BTW,I like your taste in wheels-- if it helps any---while it may be an illusion-- the one missing the centercap also looks BENT...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts