VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2,028 Posts
At a local boat ramp, these guys were just walking through the parking lot in the middle of the day doing this to all the trucks. High up, easy to get under, in and out. Broad daylight.

· Registered
2,028 Posts
Subbing to find out who the ignorant fool who makes this political will be. Cat thefts are everywhere and the supply chain can't keep up with the demand. Even if they catch these clowns the cats are gone and don't make it back to their owners. Stay vigilant folks and watch where you park.
I think you're it.

· Registered
2,028 Posts
No bail laws have made it a great gig for people that engage in this. If they get caught they are out within hours to do it again
What's most important is that the kids were never told "no" growing up. After all, it might have hurt their feelings.

· Registered
2,028 Posts
Completely anecdotal.
let me rephrase: we are realizing the results of an entire generation that grew up with never being told no and being given trophies for existing.

· Registered
2,028 Posts
Cops don't 'prevent' crime, but there isn't anyway anyone can stop rapists or robberies or assaults ahead of time.
Exactly right.

When seconds count, the cops are only minutes away.

· Registered
2,028 Posts
It's a mess in Seattle Tacoma area. You'll get your car stolen, your house burglarized and your cat sawed off while your neighbors are telling you their car got stolen or jacked, their tools stolen outta their garage and their car is sounding like a NASCAR stocker.
And your elected officials respond with, "that's why you have insurance".

It's the current day "learn to code".

· Registered
2,028 Posts

· Registered
2,028 Posts
Normally I would drop full coverage on the Yaris at this stage in its life (it is 10 years old and was worth about $3k prior to the pandemic). But now it is worth about $6k so I am keeping it fully insured for the extra $100-200/year or whatever it is.
A few years ago some idiot totalled my then-18 year old daughter's wonderful Matrix. It wasn't much, but it was hers. Ran perfectly even at 250K miles, as do all decently cared for Corollas. It wasn't her fault, but the numbnuts's insurance company wanted to play games with me on responsibility. (The cops weren't taking reports or issuing tickets that night, although they're on bodycam telling the guy "I would ticket you for this if I could.")

I spent a decent amount of time doing the footwork, looking for any and all witnesses and any video that may have existed. I finally worked through the city bus system; this guy had passed the city bus on the inside, pulled in front of the bus on the wet pavement on his bald tires, and spun out into my daughter, and the bus video captured it all from back to front. Once I had that, the other insurance company caved. But until then, they were just going to sit there.

I realized then what comprehensive/collision insurance was actually for: think of it as prepaid legal services. For that extra buck and a half or whatever a year, you can dump all of this onto your insurance company and you're out of it. They pay off, they do the legwork, and if they collect they also pay off your deductible.

And the simple fact is, they're MUCH better at dealing with the other guy's insurance company than you and I will ever be. It's like buying a car: you buy one once every 5 years, they sell one 20 times a day. Who do you think is better at the process.

So yeah, I have collision and comprehensive insurance even on my cheapest car. It's not expensive, frankly, especially given how things are on the roads out there nowadays. The odds are much higher today than ever that the idiot who runs into you is uninsured.

· Registered
2,028 Posts
I have heard the 'well, insurance will cover it so what's your problem?' so often it makes my head spin.

Quick, someone remind Apple that's why they have insurance.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts