VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
81 - 100 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
An historical footnote since you are going back in years:

One crime that wasn't happen previously (pertaining to this thread).... no one or very few crimes of sawing off cats.

Which then put the owner out thousand or two dollars per saw off example
yes... kinda puts a huge twist on the current 'rise in crime' (very expensive cat stealing)

·
Registered
825 Posts
'Rise in crime'? How about an incredible skyrocketing cat crime in numbers? This is where we are with this crap.

1000 percent increase in 4 years!!

Annual thefts of the auto part, which is tucked along the exhaust system to turn fumes from a car’s engine into less harmful gasses, jumped from 1,298 in 2018 to 14,433 in 2020, according to data compiled by the National Insurance Crime Bureau (NICB) — an increase of more than 1,000 percent.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
I have heard the 'well, insurance will cover it so what's your problem?' so often it makes my head spin.

Quick, someone remind Apple that's why they have insurance.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Sure, crime has been rising over the past couple of years, but historically, we are at almost all time lows in all crime statistics

heres an actual source: https://crime-data-explorer.fr.cloud.gov/pages/explorer/crime/crime-trend

very easy to navigate and you can see the trend from the mid 80s to now.
This appears to only talk about crime statistics in 2020 vs the past. If I recall, this year is 2022. So let's get current about crime and the present. For one thing, the repeat offenders now just get out very easily in many areas. Crime is up and it doesn´t take a sleuth to figure that that it's up hugely
West Seattle has disruptive stealing, aggressiive violence, window smashing businesses and cars, invasions into garages to steal, stealing or jacking your car and on and on.

2022 stats would be worth looking at.

And two, this thread is about catalytic converters which were not a crime issue back a number of years. Huge 1000 percent increase for cat stealing in the last 4 years (NPR article )

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Nice solution here

·
Registered
23,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
I bet it was designed by people who got participation medals growing up. ....because that mattered....

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
I could definitely do without the branding
I think it would be a riot if the perp crawled under a hot car, and 'branded' CAT SECURITY on his forehead or some body part.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Gas Cylinder

• Haha
Reactions: adrew and dubdaze68

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
AJ had an issue with a cat he could cook steaks on

AJ should've been more careful since his was the only known 1st gen Xterra to have the ultra rare 2nd gen interior option.

• Haha
Reactions: TangoRed
81 - 100 of 103 Posts