VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys/girls
I guess you could call me a noob to the forums and the mk3 part especially. After searching for a mk3 that sparked my interest at a price I couldn't refuse, I finally got a '95 4 door golf.
I figured I should "introduce" myself and maybe get some feedback on what other people think of the car I just picked. Definitely happy about being part of the mk3 community now after having to settle for two mk2 jetta's until I had the money to get what I really wanted. Definitely would like to hear everyones opinion of the car whether its positive or negative.
Some basic specs:
tt 276 camshaft w/ autotech adjustable wheel
custom intake and exhaust(which i found to be half-assed and plan on replacing with a stainless steel tt cat back to a borla)
it's also lowered half-assed
the rest you guys/girls can see.
plans:
I hope to at some point purchase a nice set of wheels. I've been looking at porsche phonedials and thinking of having them painted black. I also want to redo the exhaust like I stated earlier. I also plan to pick up a decent cupkit or a set of coilovers. But since I'm a poor college student everything comes together slowly.

I haven't gotten around to taking my own pictures of the car with all the crappy weather I've been getting in my area. So here are some pictures of the car from the PO's classified ad.

Thanks for taking a look and let me know what you think!

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: I guess it's time... (Joey Russo)

Quote, originally posted by Joey Russo »
I like everything except the back of it http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

by the back do you mean the bumper?

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
Re: I guess it's time... (Jar717)

i saw this trunk on another thread like 2 weeks ago... that thing has a rosie odonell ass... disgusting
other than that http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
FV-QR

No. it was a silver suede. my buddy chris sold it to a kid matt who sold it to this guy. Chris and matt did all the body work on it before it was painted that orange color (he had a scirocco that color)
car sounds like a goat with that cam haha. I remember it very well...

·
Registered
14,412 Posts
Re: I guess it's time... (Jar717)

just toss a stock rear bumper on it.
clean start man http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Re: FV-QR (BlackVr96)

Quote, originally posted by BlackVr96 »
No. it was a silver suede. my buddy chris sold it to a kid matt who sold it to this guy. Chris and matt did all the body work on it before it was painted that orange color (he had a scirocco that color)
car sounds like a goat with that cam haha. I remember it very well...

I saw the car I'm thinking of some 4 years ago.. I only asked because it was in the same area with the same plate setup.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Re: I guess it's time... (Mk 3 VR6 Jetta)

are the doorjambs and everything painted? Looks good except for the hatch and bumper
coils and wheels ftw! and you said it was lowered crappy? Cut springs? Or what?

·
Registered
689 Posts
Re: I guess it's time... (Juice Box)

its nice and clean. nobody likes the bumper, but that doesnt matter. do you like the bumper?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts