VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came back from a work trip and I see slight water stains like something was poured over top of my car. Not bad, but in certain lights you can certainly see the "run" marks down the car. I think a cleaner/polish will do the job and was going to try Swirl X as I have some swirls on my hood. My understanding is Swirl X is really just a polish? I was going to use Megs paint cleaner, then Swirl X, and then a final wax. I think I have Meg cleaner wax but may have some NXT 2.0 in the shed. How does this sound?

·
Registered
31,002 Posts
Re: I guess water stains on my car going to use swirl x (Mr Roo)

Try removing it w/the finest materials first, like cleaner wax, then move up if needed.

·
Banned
5,192 Posts
Try the Meg's paint cleaner & follow with Meg's Color-X - works great for removing oxidation and weird filmy crap like you're describing, plus leaves a pretty nice finish that lasts a decent time http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif If you did want to address the swirls at the same time, just do the SwirlX before the ColorX (not sure if SwirlX has fillers but if it does, this might remove them.... but I guess so would 2.0
)

·
Registered
12,747 Posts
Re: (TheGreenspanator)

I would start with a disignated paint cleaner like Meguiar's Deep Crystal Step 1 Paint Cleaner first.
But before that, I would clay the car first. The clay is most likely not going to remove the water spots, but it is going to remove all of the stuck on grit around them so that you will have a smooth surface to work with when using the paint cleaner.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts